GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. KaJ

VCDS(VAG-COM) Micro-CAN Cable for sale

Sold my 08 GTI a while back and have no use for this cable really. It's in great condition and was definitely worth buying(I used it to check codes and run logs mostly). 200 shipped in the US.
  2. KaJ

APR RSC Downpipe

APR 3" RSC Downpipe w/200cell metal cat (FSI), only 10k miles on it - $380, the last 5 inches of the downpipe was cut to mate up perfectly with the stock catback, I will include this if you need to weld it back on for some reason. Comes with everything, both clamps, and the reducer. Just...
  3. KaJ

Stage 2+: Part Out- APR DP, HPFP, BSH PCV, NS Boost Gauge Kit

APR RSC DP Parting out all of my 08 GTI mods and going stock for a bit. Local people are always preferred, I take trips to San Diego and Orange County every week. BSH Stage 2 PCV Fix (FSI), only 8k miles on it - Sold APR 3" RSC Downpipe w/200cell metal cat (FSI), only 10k miles on it - $380...
  4. KaJ

Boost Leak, Lets Solve This...

Been having similar problems as another member on the forums... N75 duty reaching 90 percent at redline in 3rd and 4th. I am also about 1-2psi short of requested after 3k rpm. Things that are odd: -5th and 6th gear seem to not have the problem. -When it is quite cooler outside I have been...
  5. KaJ

APR Stage 2+ V1.2 Logs

So I got around to taking some logs this month. Everything looks great compared to my old tune. Didn't get a chance to log AF or EGT values, I'll probably get to that some other time. The only thing that concerns me (and I also spoke to Arin) is the wastegate duty going towards 90 percent at...
  6. KaJ

FS: Neuspeed Intake w/ Dryflow Option

It has been in my car for around a year, in great condition. This is for the FSI, not the TSI. I have the dirty Neuspeed filter in storage and have been using the AEM Dryflow filter, which is amazing. I will clean the Dryflow filter before selling, so it will be good as new. Asking for 130...
  7. KaJ

Best Oil For Our Cam Followers

So I've been reading around, looking at UOA's, trying to find out which oil is the best at minimizing cam follower wear/metal wear. I've ruled out Mobil 0w-40 and Castrol 5w-40 as being great oils for our engines and I think the UOA's out there show that. Not saying they are horrible, just not...
  8. KaJ

GIAC DSG Flash

Don't know if anybody has seen this or if it has been posted, but GIAC came out with a new DSG flash. This apparently works with any other ECU flash out there, like the HPA flash. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4297082 Don't think I will jump on it quite yet, but for 450 bucks it...
  9. KaJ

OEM Spark Plug

I was searching around and found that FR6KPP332S was listed as the stock spark plug for the GTI. However, I looked up the spark plugs on ecstuning and found that Bosch FR6KPP332S are listed for "TSI Only" and the Bosch #0 242 240 627 are listed for "FSI Only"...
  10. KaJ

Unitronic Timing Issue.. cont.

So I have been talking with Unitronic about my timing issues for the past 7 months or so. My problem still has not been solved and they are claiming it is a hardware/mechanical issue. I will be flashing back to stock in a week or two to run more tests and get it fixed if something is even...
  11. KaJ

FS: Eurojet TBE

Looking to sell my Eurojet TBE, it has only been on the car for about 6-7 months and is in great shape. I love the way it sounds WOT, but for normal driving in my DSG it is a bit too loud for my liking. I am probably going to get a used downpipe and mate it with my stock catback or just go...
  12. KaJ

Uni Timing Pull

So I've been running logs lately and have been getting some pretty high timing pull. I am comfortable with a max pull of -5 to -6, but anything higher gets me worried. I talked to Uni about it, they said it might be a fuel quality issue. I get the same pull with different types of gas, so...
  13. KaJ

Uni Stage 2 vs. MS3

Just did a couple of friendly runs against my brother today/tonight and I beat him pretty easily. His MS3 just has a CAI and my mods are in my sig. Our first run was from a 30 roll and I pulled on him until I shifted to fourth. Once my DSG shifted I pulled an instant half car length and...
  14. KaJ

Unitronic Stage 2

So apparently I am the first GTI with Stage 2 Unitronic 91 octane with the new VW update. The Uni dealer plugged in his computer only to find no 91 octane file. He called Uni up and the guy said he had to create the file for the "newer" (OY3?) update. I thought it was interesting...
  15. KaJ

Canyon Racer Motorsports

Great place and Mike will help you get whatever you need done. He flashes REVO also, which is a plus for people here in SoCal. He spent 5.5 hours on my car getting everything perfect with my downpipe installation. For 3 of those 5.5 hours we headed over to an exhaust shop to fabricate a...
  16. KaJ

Parrot Kit Quick Question

Got an 08 GTI w/Package 2 which has premium audio (Which I believe is just an external amplifier) and just wanted to make sure that the Parrot Bluetooth kit will work fine with the pkg2/prem. audio setup. I am assuming it works fine, just want the sound quality to be the same before and after...
  17. KaJ

Engine Bay Rattle

For a while now I have been getting a metalic rattling noise coming from the engine bay (kind of towards the passenger side). It only happens consistently after my car has been driven for a while. It does not happen at idle or while driving. It just happens right before or as I am...
  18. KaJ

Unitronic Stage 1 vs. Stock Dyno Runs

So, finally got some stock vs. Stage 1 (Shell 91 octane) graphs. Uni Stage 1 Conditions: 62.85 Degrees Fahrenheit, 30.21 in-Hg, Humidity 41%, SAE: 0.96 My stock runs were 174.53whp/184.02wtq and 177.37whp/184.67wtq. Conditions were 75.28 Degrees Fahrenheit, 20.87 in-Hg, Humidity 30%, SAE...
  19. KaJ

DSG Resetting Technique

I just found this thread from around a year ago and was wondering if people do this often.. or if it even works. I haven't had the chance to go out to my car to try it yet. Seems very interesting. Heres the old thread: http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11421 Going to go try it...
  20. KaJ

Eurojet DP to Stock Catback

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this setup. I am thinking about getting it because I am getting a great deal. I know it doesn't mate up exactly, one cut is needed and a reducer to make it fit correctly (No welding required). Feedback? Anyone?