GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jasonmstone

Stereo Installers in NoVA

Hey guys, Finally ready to pony up for a new stereo. I'm electrically-challenged, so I need to find a decent place to get all my newb questions answered and who can do a nice install. Can anyone recommend a place in northern Virginia. I'm in Tysons Corner, but I don't mind driving a little...
  2. jasonmstone

Shop Supplies charge?

Hey guys, At the end of last month, I went to a local Revo dealer and had the stage I ECU upgrade done. I also bought the Serial Port Switch Select (they didn't have any of the "Plus" versions in stock), which isn't working. But that's another story. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to...
  3. jasonmstone

Revo Serial Port Switch help?

Hey there, To any of you with the Revo software and the serial port switch (just the 'Select' version, not 'Select Plus')... How exactly do you switch it from one program to another... and how do you know if the switch has actually "taken"? I got the ECU upgrade a few weeks ago, and it's a...
  4. jasonmstone

Fast Quiz

When I got my 2008 GTI, I asked my sales guy for a brochure. He said he didn't have any, but that he'd make sure I got one as soon as they arrived. I finally got one (for 2008) when I picked up my plates yesterday, and there's a fun little quiz in it. Take the quiz... let's see what your scores...
  5. jasonmstone

Newbie Alert™

Hey everyone, New to the forum, new to the world of GTI-ness. I got my 2008 BMP GTI a couple weekends ago, and I'm having a blast with it. My last car was a 2006 Acura TL, which I loved, but it was a lease and I was putting way too many miles on it. Besides, I've missed having a stickshift for...
  6. jasonmstone

No subwoofer, a feasible option?

Hi all, New to the forum (just got my GTI last Monday), but I'm very impressed with what a great resource it is. This one seems more useful than vwvortex.com, because they're trying to cover so many different cars there. But I digress. I love my car, it's a blast to drive, but I'm not happy...