GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Shoof

FS: Eibach Prokit and H&R 24mm Sways from my GTIMKV

I just turned in my '07 GTI lease. I raised the car back up to stock height before returning the car to the bank. I Have: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs: Part Number 85100.140 According to Eibach, theses give you a 1" drop all around. H&R 24mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar: Part Number 71750-24 [OP...
  2. Shoof

Few pics of my CW GTI from this weekend...

My friend took these at a car meet I went to this past weekend. The first one is my FAVORITE! Couple of short clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hlHtYbWkG8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTydMA4U3uk Comments?
  3. Shoof

Vs. '06 Accord V6 Coupe

Minding my own business heading to work on a sunday, traffic was light, next thing you know, this dude in a lowered V6 Accord rides up on my ass. Dropped my GTI into 3rd and just took off. He was trying to keep up with me, but just couldn't. I just couldn't believe how hard I was pulling on him...
  4. Shoof

I need all of your help.....[Lots of Bikini Clad Women in This Thread]

A friend of mine recently was one of the selected few to go to an exotic island for the Campus Girls USA calendar that she posed for. 100% of the proceeds go to breast cancer research. I need your help. She needs to sell a certain amount of calendars and she's falling short by a bit. Can I count...
  5. Shoof

Another feature on my GTI I just figured out.....

I've been driving my car for over a year and have never noticed this until now...when engaging the parking/emergency brake, it applies the rear brakes, but also applies the front brakes..At first I pulled up the lever quick and realized my foot that was on the brake and the pedal sank a little...
  6. Shoof

Just got back from the BMW Performance Driving School!

...And all I can say is WOW....I have a new found respect for the BMW product, from both a dynamic and production point of view. Going to a high performance driving school and visiting an automobile factory are two of the many things I have been wanting to do in my life, this experience...
  7. Shoof

Campus Girls USA - Vote for my friend!

GO HERE Here's a pic of her, she's a good friend of mine, she used to work for me, still helps me out once in a while...PLEASE vote for her! Thanks! P.S. She drives an Jetta IV...
  8. Shoof

Maybe driving down to FL wasn't a good idea after all..

I had to go down to Florida for a golf tournament that I am sponsoring through my company. I hesitated to get the plane tickets in advance because I wasn't sure if I was going to ultimately go or not, and by the time I decided that we would go, the price of the tickets were ridiculous ($500 per...
  9. Shoof

I need another loaner car for my loaner car...

I took my car in to service last week but this time to the dealer I got my car from. I figured I was close to 5k, so may as well let them change the oil, and address the few issues I have with my car. First issue was the unusual urge for my car to drink the engine coolant like it's a cocktail...
  10. Shoof

My GTI is drinking engine coolant like it's a cocktail..

I have my car for almost 3 months, this morning was the 5th time I had to top off the engine coolant in my car. The light came on once again on Friday, and I was planning on waiting until Monday to just stop in to the VW dealer to get them to just top it off. I opened up the hood this morning to...
  11. Shoof

Anyone in the Brooklyn or 5 Towns LI area?

I've been having some difficulty getting my satellite radio to work in my car. I swapped units with someone who wanted Sirius, I sent him mine, and he sent me his XM unit. He got my unit to work fine in his car, but I can't get his unit to work in my car. After a lot of attempts, XM is saying...
  12. Shoof

Had Sirius, swapped for XM, and can't activate it!

I swapped out my Sirius unit from my '07 GTI. The person who I swapped with had XM in his '06 GTI. I had: SIRIUS 8E0-035-593-H Software: H06-0080 I traded for: XM 8E0-035-593-E Software: H03-0080 At first I had a problem with the display saying "LOADING" for some time before actually picking...
  13. Shoof

Doors vibrating and distorting the bass...

Is this a common issue to a stock GTI and sound system? The vibrating is more noticed on the driver's side door than passenger's side. I do not play my music with the bass all the way up, but when I'm playing my music, one song you wouldn't hear any distortion, and the next one you would hear is...
  14. Shoof

Just swapped out my Sirius for XM, and..

I had a Sirius Tuner from my '07 GTI that I swapped for an XM unit. I have: 8E0-035-593-H Software: H06-0080 I traded for: XM 8E0-035-593-E Software: H03-0080 I plugged the unit in yesterday and it just said "LOADING" for a few minutes. I didn't pay attention to it in my 90 minute drive...
  15. Shoof

6 weeks, 1700 miles and Cylinder 4 Misfiring-In the shop we go!

I got into my car this morning, the car sputtered a bit, then after a few seconds idled normally. As I put the car into reverse, notice the Engine symbol on the dash suggesting to "check engine". I took the car to my friend (independent shop) to see how serious the situation is, plugged it in to...
  16. Shoof

Do they make a Lip Protector for the MKV?

One of the reasons why I didn't want to get the Aero Kit in my car was because I planned to lower it had a feeling it might be too low with the kit. I was RIGHT. Most of you may harass me about it, but I don't have that time like I used to, to wash my car as often as I do. I mostly frequent a...
  17. Shoof

Springs on!

Eibach Pro-Kit, FYI I was missing a tool to install the RSB (H&R 24mm) to get it done last week when I did the springs, just picked the tool up this morning, will do the sway bar this weekend...
  18. Shoof

Which Engine Coolant?

I was coming home the other day, the display told me "STOP! CHECK COOLANT-OWNERS MANUAL". I was only a few minutes from home so I waited until I got there to check. I got home and noticed that the coolant level is about 1" to 2" below the minimum mark on the reservoir. I called my VW dealer...
  19. Shoof

Switched my Sport Contact 2's for ExtremeContact's - Mini Review..

I took off my SC2's and replaced them with the Extreme Contacts. I had no interest in keeping the Summer tires when I need an All Season Tire. I didn't want to buy a whole other set of wheels/tires and change them every time the season demanded it, so I got the EC's. Before installing, I did...
  20. Shoof

Ordered my suspension today, and H&R RSB FYI!!

I ordered a set of Eibach Pro-Kits for my GTI MKV from the Tire Rack. One of my friends have an account with Tire Rack (He has a tire/repair shop), so I pretty much got it wholesale....But the juicy FYI is that they have the H&R 24mm rear sway bar IN STOCK, but in one of their warehouses (In...