GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Uomo

12v Ciggy Lighter Plug

Hey guys My GTI came with Cig Lighter deletion, which is cool I don't smoke. But, when I attempt to plug a cig lighter thingy into the 12V hole it doesn't stay down to heat the lighter up. Intact, even if I hold it down ... It still doesn't heat up. Is it designed this way or have I got a wrong...
  2. Uomo

My GTI's horn sounds like it's been castrated

hey guys, i don't use my horn much. but from memory my GTI had quite a loud commanding horn sound. today while driving, a kid decided to ride his bike across the road while i was 20metres away from him, had i been driving fast - he would have been flying over my bonnet. anyway, long story...
  3. Uomo

What's this tool?!?

Hi gents I have this tool (see pic) that's been in my tool box for many years but I could never figure out wtf it is or what it's for... Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.:bow: (P.S. it's not a can opener, beer cap opener)
  4. Uomo

HELP...identify this mysterious part that was found under front seat.

Hi Guys/Gals, A mysterious clip was found by the car detailer (aka 15yr old dude). He said it was under the front seat of my 3Door MK5GTI. I can't figure out what it's for/from...hope someone here can kindly help. Thanks
  5. Uomo

WTB: AWE Catback exhaust for Golf MK5 GTI

Hi Guys, I am interested in buying AWE Catback exhaust, let me know your price..please be nice :thumbsup:
  6. Uomo

WTB: Mk5 GTI Rims with Tyres or JUST Tyres

Hi Looking to buy either 1) Original VW GOLF MK5 Denver RIMS with tyres 2) Or just tyres to fit GOLF MK5 GTI Prefer Melb location for local pickup. Thanks, Larry
  7. Uomo

Sound Difference b/w Turbo Back Exhaust and Catback

Guys, I am in the market for a new sports exhaust. Not for power gains but for a more sporty sound...:wub: My question is " are there noticeble sound differences b/w a catback and a turbo back?" My budget really only allows me to buy a good quality CATBACK (E.g. AWE or APR), but i don't...
  8. Uomo

Where to buy AUDI R8 rep Wheels in AUS?

Hey guys, Anyone know where preferbly in MELBOURNE i can buy a set of R8 rep wheels... I saw them on a silver GTI on this forum and they look Hoooot!!!:wub:
  9. Uomo

GTI suckin down ENGINE Oil

Hi guys, I am no motor mechanic so pls forgive me ignorance. I've had my MKV GTI for around 1year just coming up to 15,000KM. Since new, i've had to fill in about 3Litres of engine oil, IS THIS NORMAL?? My mechanic said there is something wrong with my engine and to take back to VW, cos a...
  10. Uomo

Tempe Tyres - Deliver to MELB experiences

Hey guys, I am seriously considering on getting the 18" huffs from Tempe, but have 'heard' that they are not reliable.... Anyone had experience with Tempe delivering wheels/tyre package interstate? Please don't just reply "KEEP AWAY etc...", pls give specific experience examples for all of us...
  11. Uomo

What's needed for DIY oil change

Hi Guys, I am going to do a DIY oil change on weekend, apart from: 1) Castrol Edge Oil 2) Oil Filter What else do i need in terms of parts (not equipment) to do a oil change?? Sorry i am a noob and this is my first time...
  12. Uomo

REQUEST: GTI with R8 Replica Wheels

Hi guys, Anyone got photo of GTI with the R8 wheels? I am thinking about getting them and want to see how they look:thumbup:
  13. Uomo

Best place to buy Wheels in MELB

Hi Guys, Is there a shop like Tempe tyres in melbourne where they have lots and lots of wheels on display so that i can go in and see the wheels in person? I am thinking about getting the 18" Huffs. Can't find them in Melb tho...:mad0259:
  14. Uomo

GIAC - Sports mode too soft

Hi guys, i've now had my GIAC tune for over 6months. I don't know if any of you other GIAC users find that the Sports mode is alot softer with GIAC tune than when the car was stock. With GIAC, it seems to hold the rev alittle lower than the 4000rpm when it was still stock?? Am i imgaining...
  15. Uomo

Attn: MR. MKVGTI

Hi Mate, Do you work off AUburn road??? I drive past your car everyday!!!! As i work just at the end of Auburn on Toorak Rd. Oh my gosh, all this time on the forum and it only just occured to me it's your car!:biggrin:
  16. Uomo

AAMI - no windscreen cover in MELBOURNE!

After hearing DRMAT's story regarding windscreens, i decided to give AAMI to get windscreen cover added to my policy to my surprise the dude on the line said AAMI only has windscreen cover for all states EXCEPT VIC!! Holy shit, why why why!!! :mad0259:
  17. Uomo

My GTI Video

Hey guys, see a video of my GTI on you tube. Made with a mate who is applying for TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzhy6U8Z3o
  18. Uomo

My Trip Computer is spitting out crazy FUEL Consumption numbers

Help me pls!! Jumped in my FAST to get some milk and while driving i see my ACTUAL OIL/Litre cosumption (not Average) is jumping around spitting out random numbers - eg. 50/L, 20/L, 17/L etc At idle - eg. when in the garage not driving with key just turned it shows that i am using 1.1/L of...
  19. Uomo

Help - my fast's trip computer is a pshycopath

Help me pls!! Jumped in my FAST to get some milk and while driving i see my ACTUAL OIL/Litre cosumption (not Average) is jumping around spitting out random numbers - eg. 50/L, 20/L, 17/L etc At idle - eg. when in the garage not driving with key just turned it shows that i am using 1.1/L of...
  20. Uomo

should i go 18" or 19"

Guys, I can't decide whether to get 18" or 19" rims. The fact is that i've only ever driven on 15, 16 and at most 17" rims. Can i ask if i need to change my suspension setup if i want to get 19" on my GTI and also will the comfort level deteriot significantly? Will going bigger rims improve...