Search results

1. C

Mmmmmm....bacon!!!

2. C

God Bless America...

...this is way overdue.
  3. C

Need a new front grille...

...thanks to some mystery projectile on the freeway yesterday evening, which I never even saw! I'm driving along, feel a "thump", immediately see some small dark unidentifiable object fly up over my windshield, get home, and the emblem on my front grille is just gone! :mad: I'm at work so no...
  4. C

When making a fake ID...

...be selective when choosing the photo you use.
  5. C

Broadway Volkswagen in Oakland...

...has an orange Lamborghini Gallardo sitting in the showroom. Holy crap, it's pretty. Never mind that I couldn't afford the insurance on that thing, let alone the payments!! Sorry, I didn't take a pic. :frown: However, I looked longingly at the red '08 GTI they had in there this morning! My...
  6. C

Hit a raccoon...

...which sustained considerably more damage than my GTI. The only damage my baby incurred was a broken fog lamp cover. The light itself still works...but the dealership tells me it'll still cost $320 to fix. :cry: I'll be shopping around, obviously...
  7. C

Alright, all you 360 gamers...

...a while ago I tried in vain to drum up some interest in a GTI/R32 Forza race season. Mostly it was in vain 'cause I was too busy to really follow through and set a date for it :frown: However! I moderate at a game site, and we do some fairly regular community gaming. The main point of all...
  8. C

How many 5 year-olds...

...could you take in a fight? Post your results. I could take 23.
  9. C

Giggin' up in LaHonda this Saturday night! (Northern California)

Hey folkses! So...a lot of you have invited me to the weekly Bay Area meets and I'm totally lame and never seem to be able to make them 'cause of life and whatnot...but I would love to meet some of y'all sometime! So: I thought I'd throw out that I'm playing at Applejacks in La Honda this...
  10. C

Phone lines in front of my house...

...are the gathering grounds for a group of pigeons, whose days are numbered. I swear that they wait for me to have no choice but to park out front before releasing their loads. Black Magic GTI + white pigeon crap=red-faced GTI owner :mad: For Christmas I'm asking Santa for a pellet gun...
  11. C

Window tinting in the Bay Area...

...who's got the goods?? I want to make sure it's done right. Who's had it done, and are you happy with the work? I'd love to see pics if anyone has 'em. Thanks!
  12. C

Soapy/Streaky Windshield fluid?

Anyone else have this problem? My new (month-ish old) GTI leaves a filmy residue on the windshield when I use the wiper fluid. It's whatever the dealer put in there. Not the end of the world of course...but odd.
  13. C

Factory Sealer Treatment

Did anyone else get it? Did I waste a bunch of money on it? They call it the "Xylon", or something similar... And more specifically-now that I have it, what's the best way to maintain it? I have a black GTI...it's about a month old now. I want to clean the car, but I don't want to strip...
  14. C

The Official golfmkv.com community Forza 2 race thread

Member here? I'm guessing if you are reading this then the answer is "yes" :wink: If you play Forza 2 on the xbox360, and you're interested in a GTI mkv race, post your gamertag here. Once we have a list of interested people, I'll set up a poll and we figure out what time/weekday works best...
  15. C

**OFFICIAL** <50 Posts Thread (>50 posters keep out)

Damn Star Belly Sneeches, think they're so hot :wink: So...how 'bout that weather we've been having, eh?
  16. C

Navigating your iPod thru the in-dash system...

...should I just accept the fact that the control system is practically non-existent? All I can do is scroll through hundreds of nameless tracks. I guess I don't really mind just listening to songs at random...but even when I get to a specific album (by luck) it does not play the album tracks in...
  17. C

Rubber Mats for my '07 GTI??

Should I look for something specific, or would any GTI mat fit the bill? I HAVE to get rubber mats for my ride...too many dirty feet getting in and out of it.
  18. C

Anyone play Forza 2??

This is my preferred game car of course! This game played no small part in my decision to buy a GTI. And I have no regrets!
  19. C

Howdy folks! Brand new GTI owner...

...I just picked up this baby on Saturday: This is far and away the funnest car I have ever driven! I'm looking forward to picking the brains of some of you VW enthusiasts 'round here! I'm in Oakland, CA (which is great because there's lots of hills and curvy roads around here). Everything...