GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

New Catback on my Volvo wagon

They don’t host videos unfortunately, which leads me to believe your definition of hosting is about as good as the Viking’s football skills. ;)
  2. M

I don’t care about my YouTube account as I have a day job. It’s just the easiest platform for me to share videos. I’m open to another video hosting suggestion if you have one.
  3. M

I post on Volvo forums and over there they appreciate other enthusiasts builds. I’ve also been in the Mk5 and Mk6 scene for over 13 years and figured I’ll check in now and then even if I currently don’t daily a VW. Tough crowd. :)
  4. M

I guess you didn't see my last sentence in my original post.
  5. M

I left the VW family this past fall and bought a Volvo V60 R-Design wagon with the Polestar optimization. I recently updated the catback to an Elevate catback which really opens up the I6 engine in this car. Cold Start (my car): Full throttle (not my car): I know this isn't an MK6 but...
  6. M

2020 GTI mk8

Some videos of the new Golf are finally hitting the net. Here is one of the best ones that I've found so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDC6qm8s1zc&t=964s I know it's popular to hate on the next generation of Golfs and then people slowly warm up to them, myself included. I doubt I can...
  7. M

Car for the kid

I probably would have gone newer myself but definitely a more reliable choice than a 2000 Jetta.
  8. M

Car for the kid

It breaks my heart to say this as a car enthusiast but I'd get a Japanese beater car like a Corolla or Civic or a VW with the 2.5 as stated above over an almost 20 year old Mk4 VW any day of the week. That's especially true if I'd be buying a car for my teenage kid.
  9. M

Mustang interiors are no good

I think the new Mustang interiors are great, honestly better than the MK6 interiors. I've only driven high spec GT models and a co-workers GT350 which are definitely spruced up compared to the entry level rental car Mustang you drove. This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion to be...
  10. M

Weekend Car thoughts

Depending on budget I'd look into a C5 Corvette or C5 ZO6. The regular C5 is the cheaper option and plenty out there that keeps the price low. Dead reliable and if you do a head/cam swap you'll have more power than the same generation ZO6 and will have a fun weekend toy.
  11. M

Out of these three which would you pick?

There's no way I'd daily drive any of these three, with that in mind it would have to be #1 for me with #2 being a close second. I've driven the GT-R before and it's an amazing car. It does everything well (really well) but that also makes it feel very soulless.
  12. M

Car buying bug....

Haven’t found the right V60 yet so I have not bought yet. Also enjoying not having a payment in the meantime.
  13. M

Car buying bug....

Quick update: I drove both cars this past weekend just to get a sense of if it's worth to jump ship. I have to say that both cars impressed me for different reasons. SS: I drove the SS first and I have to say that this is probably the best 4 door sedan that I've ever driven and deserves every...
  14. M

Car buying bug....

I'm currently wrestling with the idea of getting a different car. I currently have 3 vehicles in the garage - 2013 Volvo XC70 (wife's car), 2013 GTI (my car) and a Ducati Monster (weekend toy). I've been barely riding the Ducati lately due to work, being busy with the house, kids, etc. I've...
  15. M

Parking my GTI

I always park in a corner spot and far away from anyone to avoid door dings. I don't seek out GTI's to park next to as the likelihood of seeing another GTI here is slim to none as this is truck country.
  16. M

Extended Warranty/Auto Service Contracts

Just get something with a Coyote or an LSx...you know you want to. ;)
  17. M

Time to look for an AWD/4wd vehicle for work

The tank part is accurate. I used to have a Crown Victoria Sport (yes, they made a Sport model for a while). The darn thing never had one single issue and took everything I threw at it. Probably the most reliable car I've ever owned and missed every time the VW throws a check engine light...
  18. M

I see a lot of people...

The GT-R is the LAST car I'd pick up as a fun daily driver. My coworker has one and the car is constantly in the shop for some type of transmission related items. He had a 996 911 previously that he got rid of because he thought it was a maintenance nightmare and now tells me how much less of a...