GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

3 middle aged snows and 1 new on Mk7 R - A problem?

Sadly one of my Michelin X-Ice (gen 3, with the center groove) got trashed over the weekend. The other 3 have lots of like on them, probably half the original depth, still handle well. Will I cause drive train issues if I add in a new X-ICE? Unfortunately the tread pattern has changed, so it...
  2. P

Should I buy an e30?

Small so not always seen by others. Hot in stop and go summer traffic. I compounded the latter by pulling the heat shield off my downpipe so it wouldn't conflict with my butterfly brace. Not as comfortable by far to the GTI. Takes me 15 minutes more each way my commute in miata cuz I take...
  3. P

Should I buy an e30?

I have both an NA Miata and a MK6 GTI. I vote for the Miata, with one qualification - they are NOT, IMHO, great cars for lots of heavy traffic freeway driving. That said, they are cheap to own, a hoot to drive,easy to maintain, and offer an endless array of chassis tune ning options. As a...
  4. P

Which car that you used to own do you miss the most?

For me, a Ruby Pearl '91 Nissan Sentra SER. Plain Jane exterior, two doors, roll-up windows, able to outrun 4 cylinder BMWs, out handled my 86 GTI, just perfectly balanced. cheap to buy, cheap to drive, huge grins. Too bad Nissan has lost its way...