GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Justin W

Fit and finish aftermarket headlights, replacement for standard MKV halogen

Starting the search for blackout headlights... My preferred set is the OEM EU set... but they are a lot of $$ for what you get. http://www.oemplus.com/headlamps-eu-smoked-p-438.html?zenid=nn9iegcrg3ksf3uqmohcm8i1i7 Have seen some others & some projector conversions that look nice... Is there...
  2. Justin W

Upgrade Premium VII to Premium VIII (RCD-510) & other interface options for 08 Jetta

Upgrade Premium VII to Premium VIII (RCD-510) & other interface options for 08 Jetta Have a 2008 Jetta. What do I need to do this upgrade? - other than the radio obviously. If I want to add touchscreen iPhone control via plug I need to add the VW MDI adapter - is that correct? And what about...
  3. Justin W

Lease turn-in or trade-in questions for lowered 07 Rabbit

I have an 07 Rabbit that is coming up on lease end. I have lowered it about 1-1.25" with H&R Springs. What kind of ramifications (cost/penalty) will I incur if I try to turn it in lowered? Should I just take the car back to the shop that did the spring switch and have them put the stock...
  4. Justin W

Uneven brake wear - front to back

Hey guys, Took my 07 Rabbit in to get the brakes done (first time on this car - 17500 mi) and the rear pads are at 5% while the fronts are "like brand new" according to the mechanic. Is that common for this model? I can't imagine that it is but maybe someone has heard of something with the...
  5. Justin W

08 Rabbit has much better gas mileage?

According to the fuelconomy.gov site: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm The new 08 Rabbit is sporting: 22/29 5sp mt 21/29 6sp at Compared to the much less conservative prior ratings of 22/31. Now compare that to the 08 GTI which is: 21/29 6sp mt 22/29 6sp at Ratings between the...
  6. Justin W

Why do we blur our license plates?

What exactly are we trying to hide? We drive down the freeway some of us past literally hundreds of thousands of cars a day and we have to have our plates showing... it's the law... Yet some of us, we post pics of our cars on the Internet and we feel that we have to hide them... does anyone...
  7. Justin W

Is it just me or did they just add the R32 to the VW site?

http://www.vw.com/R32/en/us/#
  8. Justin W

Too much rake?

Okay... I have about an inch of rake... the car comes with about a 1/4" of rake from the factory... but the H&R Springs I have take it to about an inch total. Before I get the after springs alignment... I'm thinking about getting different rear springs. Let me know what you guys think... I...
  9. Justin W

Lowering Springs? How long to fully settle?

Okay... well got the Rabbit lowered... H&R Super Sports up front & H&R Sport Cups (springs) in back. Roughly supposed to 1.90"F/1.60"R... Right now there is about a .75" rake - based solely on wheel well height... Current wheel well height: 25.13"F/25.88"R. Stock wheel well height...
  10. Justin W

How to edit MYGOLF garage info?

I can't seem to find the place to edit the MYGOLF garage info. Thanks in advance-
  11. Justin W

WTB or WTT: UG Painted front Bumper Strips

Looking for UG Painted front Bumper Strips... likely from a 4dr Rabbit. Willing to trade you my black textured strips if you are going for that look.
  12. Justin W

DRL? What's the big deal?

I've had DRL since I got my 00 GLX... never bothered me... still doesn't on my 07 Rabbit. I personally wouldn't have someone VAG-COM them so they didn't come on. Why does DRL bother some people so much? DRL is far safer than not running DRL in many conditions... So why the dislike? It must...
  13. Justin W

Get my car lowered in the SFV... or close by.

Looking for some good places close by? Anyone know of any? I might even consider doing it myself if I can rent, borrow or steal ;) the tools to do the work. Who's got any info? Thanks... otherwise I think I'm gonna take it to my friend... owns a auto shop but he doesn't seem to do that much...
  14. Justin W

Stock Shocks with Lowering Springs?

Okay... trying to save myself a little money... not sure if I want to save now... or save later... I have H&R springs that are going to lower my Rabbit 1.9" roughly... haven't installed them yet but trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and just get shocks too? Should I save $600 and...
  15. Justin W

WTT: JL Audio 6WØ(2x), 10W3, 12W3/ED12A Flat Cone Sub/Alpine MRV-100M Amp

Looking for parts for my MKV 2-dr Rabbit: Lowering springs - Neuspeed/Eibach/Vogtland/H&R etc 2-dr UG rub strips & bumper strips WTT - for my textured strips OEM 6-disc head unit Center Armrest/Console to match 2-dr Rabbit interior - Anthracite? OEM Ipod Adapter UG Votex kit parts Upgraded...
  16. Justin W

WTT/WTB: 2dr UG Bumper Strips - Rub Strips

WTB or WTT for: 2dr UG Bumper Strips & Rub Strips Trying to get ahold of some UG bumper strips and rub strips. In good condition- Willing to trade textured ones... Thanks-