GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

FS: OEM GTI Emboridered Mats

**** SOLD **** Hi, these are the GTI Embroidered mats. Set of 4 - two front, 2 back. I'm selling the car so whoever wants these mats make me a reasonable offer and they're yours. Call me at 416-407-3266 or email me at jonathancareless@hotmail.com (Fast not included!) :)
  2. H

FS: Monster Mats

**** SOLD ****
  3. H

FS: Winter Wheels - Dunlop WinterSport M3 on Steel Rims

******** Sold **********
  4. H

GTI too smooth?

Went for a quick 2 hour blast north of the city today and I almost feel like my GTI is too smooth and competent. I was doing speeds between 120 and 160km/h with brief moments up to 180-200km/h and while I love how incredibly competent the car is, it's almost too smooth. I got out of it and...
  5. H

Constant Rattle from Passenger side door/window/dash?

So my beloved GTI has developed a constant rattle that seems to be coming from the area where the dash meets the passenger side door around where the tweeter speaker is or where that vent is. It probably doesn't help that every idiot friend of mine can't get out of the car without slamming the...
  6. H

Who's sold on DSG forever?

I can't see myself ever buying a non-DSG car ever again. I love it that much. :wub: I always leave it in manual +/- mode and it's just the smooth constant flow of power at your fingertips. Bam-Bam-Bam-Bam-Bam! It's so addictive! I've been test driving a lot of manual cars and they...
  7. H

Porsche Brake Conversion

Anyone got pictures of the classic Porsche big red brake coversion with drilled rotors on a MkV GTI? Cost?
  8. H

Any fix to the sunroof THUMPING noise?

I know you can make it go away by cracking the windows open about an inch. THIS IS NOT A FIX! That would be like saying you could turn the windshield wipers on by opening the doors. See what I'm saying? How else can we open our sunroofs fully and not get that thumping noise? :iono:
  9. H

Okay to fill up with Regular in emergency?

Okay, so there's been a gas shortage in Toronto over the last few weeks and today I was on empty. I drove to four different gas stations and all of them were out of Supreme. So I put $10 of Regular in my empty tank to tide me over. I assume the ECU will adjust accordingly and I'll have a...
  10. H

They're called snow tires people!

I love it. We have a big snowfall yesterday and all the people in their BMWs and Mercedes RWD cars can't make it up the hills to get home in yesterday's rush hour. These morons not only don't have snow tires on, many of them don't even have all-season tires on. They have SUMMER ONLY tires...
  11. H

GTI Pulls So Hard!!!

Man, I can't believe I'm only making 250hp and 300ft/lb of torque with my APR chip. My car just accelerates so hard in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It's stupid. On cold or salty roads I lose traction in 3rd or 4th! I wonder if the power figures are too conservative. Feels like I'm making closer to...
  12. H

My Garage

13. H

Tired of Driving a Dirty Car!!!

Man, I can't wait for spring so I can wash my car for like 3 hours inside and out and get all the salt out. Then put the summer rugs back in and the summer wheels back on. I freakin' hate winter salt!!!! My car has basically looked like this all winter. :cry:
  14. H

Toronto Autoshow Pictures

Not that you haven't seen any of these before but here you go.
  15. H

New Candy Apple GTI

How many of you guys have picked up one of these? :biggrin:
  16. H

Fun in the Snow (Video)

Just a dumb little movie I made. :smile: SNOW MOVIE *** EDIT *** And here's the second one. SNOW MOVIE II And yes, I had nothing better to do Valentine's Day Night. :wub:
  17. H

Do our brakes kinda suck?

I haven't been super impressed with my MkV's brakes. I find they don't really have a lot of initial bite and sometimes I have to press really hard to get the car to really slow down. I also noticed after a few hard stops there's noticeable fade. I've heard some rumblings that our brakes...
  18. H

Can't get Traction!

I've got an APR Stage I flash so I guess my car is making 250hp and 300lb/ft of torque (roughly.) But all this power is hard to put down to the ground! Now I don't have to worry about torque-steer thank goodness, but I find I just spin my wheels off the line all the time when trying to out...
  19. H

Going through windshield washer fluid fast!

Man, does the MkV use more windshield washer fluid than the MkIV? Does it spray it on thicker or something? I'm refilling the washer tank almost once a week right now. It's nuts. Crazy I tell ya! :eek: