GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable "Hot Country" A/C with Obdeleven?

Wongatron

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my obdeleven yesterday and successfully got the windows down with the key fob working but I failed to find the settings above for the AC adjustments. Neither that nor the blower settings are options for me.
I will try again when it isn’t 105 degrees and when the Android auto app isn’t going psycho at me but does anyone have any suggestions?
First time for me ever using a device like this so appreciate the help!
Wondering if it might be due to model year? I have the carista dongle/app myself and had some options missing/non functional from the get go, did get some additional after updating to beta

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
if you didn't see the setting from the instructions (I didn't, either) you'd need to press the binary (0 1) symbol (also in the instructions screen, top), keep turning the page until you see the part where you can set it to Hot Country (I am in soCal but my car was from OR).

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
if you didn't see the setting from the instructions (I didn't, either) you'd need to press the binary (0 1) symbol (also in the instructions screen, top), keep turning the page until you see the part where you can set it to Hot Country (I am in soCal but my car was from OR).

I did toggle this as per instructions but it did not help. I will try again though. Thank you

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I did toggle this as per instructions but it did not help. I will try again though. Thank you
You'll need to scroll over to byte 12 - pic above I posted.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Forgot to mention that another easy way to check which value the AC is set-to at the factory is to look at the "PR code" sticker for the vehicle.

PR Codes are 3 x digit "Production Codes" for all of the installed equipment in the vehicle. The list of PR codes are printed on a sticker that can be found in the spare tire well of the vehicle (trunk) or pasted into the vehicle's owner's manual.

PRCode: 8Z6 = Hot country
PRCode: 8Z7 = Cold country

Don

tigeo

Autocross Champion
^^^Great info!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
My euro spec GTi has neither of those codes or an alternative!

tristanr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I know this thread has been dead for some time now, but on my 2017 model year S with Manual climate controls, i don’t have the option to change temperature tuning nor blower speed. strange.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I know this thread has been dead for some time now, but on my 2017 model year S with Manual climate controls, i don’t have the option to change temperature tuning nor blower speed. strange.
Tristan: Hi. For obvious reasons related in the main to the fact that I live in the very, very deep south, I'm really not sure what is normal VW practice on a "Yankee" model Golf mk7/mk7.5. However, my hunch is that the binding issue on this car might be the fact that it does NOT have the higher-end dual temperature AC module (Climatronic).

Don