GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to code new MIB2 with reversing sensors and TPMS

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
I have bought a brand new MIB2 unlocked from Germany on ebay - everything is unlocked ( car play etc) but due to it being brand new nothing is active.
Currently I have access to a genuine VCDs cable and have software.

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to code the radio with these at all or point me somewhere that does?

Thanks in advance guys

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
Ok- Found the adaptions and coding via VCDs but as it's an old cable I can't upload the stored values is this correct? Does anyone know which I need to copy over as there is loads!

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@baldybouncer- : Hi. Alas, replacing a MIB2 into a mk7 is NOT plug-and-play!!! ;)

hmm........ so, let's get back to basics! The MIB in this car is a "module" that lives @ address 5F on the CAN network and yes, as you have "found" - the 5F module has 2 x separate coding facilities called "adaptation channels" and "long-code".

Normally when changing a 5F module in a mk7/mk7.5, the proper process is to make a copy of the complete database for the adaptation channels and the long-code string on the old MIB. This database is then used to align the coding in the new MIB to the way that this car was factory built

Again as a general comment - the actual database comparison process (done properly) is NOT trivial because the channel count for the 5F module is over 1,000 and the long-code string has 200 separate software switches!

So, before you do anything - make sure that you download the latest Ross-Tech software into the dianostic cable

As indicated above, the way forward ALL starts with the database in the old MIB. If you didn't complete this step - I suggest that you replace the old MIB (temporarily) into the car and create the module database file with VCDS.

The database file in VCDS speak is called an "admap" - I posted a set of instructions HERE for creating an admap. In this case, instead of "09" in the third screenshot, enter 5F.

Don

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
@baldybouncer- : Hi. Alas, replacing a MIB2 into a mk7 is NOT plug-and-play!!! ;)

hmm........ so, let's get back to basics! The MIB in this car is a "module" that lives @ address 5F on the CAN network and yes, as you have "found" - the 5F module has 2 x separate coding facilities called "adaptation channels" and "long-code".

Normally when changing a 5F module in a mk7/mk7.5, the proper process is to make a copy of the complete database for the adaptation channels and the long-code string on the old MIB. This database is then used to align the coding in the new MIB to the way that this car was factory built

Again as a general comment - the actual database comparison process (done properly) is NOT trivial because the channel count for the 5F module is over 1,000 and the long-code string has 200 separate software switches!

So, before you do anything - make sure that you download the latest Ross-Tech software into the dianostic cable

As indicated above, the way forward ALL starts with the database in the old MIB. If you didn't complete this step - I suggest that you replace the old MIB (temporarily) into the car and create the module database file with VCDS.

The database file in VCDS speak is called an "admap" - I posted a set of instructions HERE for creating an admap. In this case, instead of "09" in the third screenshot, enter 5F.

Don
Thanks so much for this - I had worked out this much after posting - but the VCDs lead I have is old and says it won't let me upload the adaptions! - I have downloaded both 5F adaptions and compared them via google docs and was going to change manually the differences (!) anyone know of any quicker ways? I am missing the park assist and tyre monitoring only ....

Also - where do I upload the code I have downloaded? Thanks in advance
:)

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@baldybouncer: hmm....... I'm not sure that I entirely understand your bolded question about "upload".​

If you want to show the forum your "google docs" comparison for the OLD/NEW 5F-module coding - then upload the document on a hosting site and include a link on a forum post here.

However, I'm not certain what this will achieve - I have absolutely NO doubt that your analysis is accurate.

Anyhow for TPMS: do this:
5F module - Adaptation:
  • Vehicle function list BAP
    • tire_pressure_system_0x07"> Set value to "active"
    • tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus"> Set value to " Suspension data bus" (or "Terminal 15")
  • Vehicle menu operation-
    • menu_display_rdk "> Set value to "active"
    • menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high "> Set value to "active"
What do you mean by "park assist" - this functionality is normally a matter for the module that lives @ address hex10 on the CAN network (not the 5F module). What particular aspect of "park assist" is the problem with the new MIB?

Don

Last edited:

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
@baldybouncer: hmm....... I'm not sure that I entirely understand your boded question about "upload".​

If you want to show the forum your "google docs" comparison for the OLD/NEW 5F-module coding - then upload the document on a hosting site and include a link on a forum post here.

However, I'm not certain what this will achieve - I have absolutely NO doubt that your analysis is accurate.

Anyhow for TPMS: do this:
5F module - Adaptation:
  • Vehicle function list BAP
    • tire_pressure_system_0x07"> Set value to "active"
    • tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus"> Set value to " Suspension data bus" (or "Terminal 15")
  • Vehicle menu operation-
    • menu_display_rdk "> Set value to "active"
    • menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high "> Set value to "active"
What do you mean by "park assist" - this functionality is normally a matter for the module that lives @ address hex10 on the CAN network (not the 5F module). What particular aspect of "park assist" is the problem with the new MIB?

Don
Thanks - will give this a try this morning - It looks like my daughters car radio is missing alot of memus - for example 'assist' says unavailable -

Does anyone have a generic list of commands for a standard car with most options? My daughters car is 2015 match 1.6tdi with cruise control, Park pilot ( i think its called - just parking sensors )