GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
That's awful. From description of events, sounds like ship had some kind of a steering or propulsion casualty.

They've pulled couple people from the water alive, I vote they find more.
whole ship lost power twice. when it regained it after the first power loss you can see them gas it up to try and avoid it but then it died again.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I’m no navy guy but I remember something about dropping anchor(s) for emergency maneuvering or stopping.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I guess ships don’t have double redundant systems

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I’m no navy guy but I remember something about dropping anchor(s) for emergency maneuvering or stopping.

Yeah I’m pretty sure when I got my boating license that was an emergency maneuver they taught you.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Yeah I’m pretty sure when I got my boating license that was an emergency maneuver they taught you.
I don't have a boating license, but my go-to emergency maneuver is 'get the fuck off the boat and get back on land where I belong'

open water makes me uncomfortable and really stirs up some intrusive thoughts

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
More like P Diddler.
After Bill Cosby's BS came to light, there isn't much that surprises me about celebrity scandals anymore.

I hope all the shitbags that take advantage of others for their own gratification burn in hell.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
i dont think it would have prevented this.

cb1111

That's awful. From description of events, sounds like ship had some kind of a steering or propulsion casualty.

They've pulled couple people from the water alive, I hope they find more.
Some guy this morning said "the air temperature is about 30 degrees and the water is much, much colder" Really?
"Steering or propulsion casualty" is code for "the captain drank too much grog".
Possibly, but the video shows the ship losing power
whole ship lost power twice. when it regained it after the first power loss you can see them gas it up to try and avoid it but then it died again.
I am so glad I'm no longer with DOT. This is a huge mess.
More like poorly regulated maintenance and shipping company putting profits over people's lives. 🤷‍♂️
Ship was built by Boeing?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When I get blackout drunk from now on, I'm going to say I "lost power".

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have a follow up with an orthopedist this week from the MRI I had last week. After the xrays done on site were fine, his guess was somewhere between tendonitis and a slight tear. Doesn't think it's a full tear, but I'll find out on Thursday. I can't imagine it'll need surgery, the pain is manageable, just sucks to hurt every day.
What's taking them so long?

I went in for my MRI at 9pm and my doctor called me the next morning to explain just how badly I had fucked up.