GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bent Wheel - Looking for Opinions

tarik

Hello. Hit a pothole and bent wheel (on inside). It is OZ Type 22 17x7.5 ET45 wheel in gray. Tire rack does not have the exact one. It has silver in 17x8. Would 17x7.5 vs 17x8 be an issue? Tire rack rep does not recommend it.

Also, what are my options of having this wheel repaired?

Thanks

PXL_20240206_171851697~2.jpg

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I would find a local wheel repair shop if you have one, that doesn't look too bad.

Around my area it's usually $100-$150 to straighten a wheel. That includes repainting too, which you may not need.

tarik

I got a quote for $150 (repair and balancing). I would probably get the new rim if it was available anywhere.

Thanks

tarik

The tires are winters and are on only four months a year. Otherwise stored in the garage. I will give them a little more time. Thanks

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
The tires are winters and are on only four months a year. Otherwise stored in the garage. I will give them a little more time. Thanks
I was recently using 12-year old Michelin winter tires year round, trying to wear them out. They still have 6/32nds (after 25,000 miles) and have had no problems, including long-distance summer interstate trips in Arizona and New Mexico.

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
You both have better luck than me, trying to push mine pass 7 years. Stranded in the middle of nowhere 200+ mi away from home…
IMG_2023.jpeg