GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cylinder Misfire please help

TheBaconGator

I'm a high school student and I've had my MK6 GTI for about 3,000 miles now, I recently got into a rear-end accident, and my throttle body, intake manifold, radiator, intercooler, hood, and more all got hit. I decided to repair it myself after the dealership wanted 9k to fix it. I ended up getting it done in under 4k, surprisingly, I got it running well and driving. Recently I've had no error codes until I started feeling misfires and jerks in the engine upon driving. I got an error code of a misfire in cylinder 2. What should I check first and what steps should I take to fix this? I've already replaced my injectors so there brand new and I cleaned out all of the carbon buildup in most of the engine. Please help, I need to fix this fast!

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
You should move the ignition coil to a different cylinder and see if the misfire follows, if that doesn't help then check the spark plug too. My car goes through them a lot, about a set a year.

TheBaconGator

You should move the ignition coil to a different cylinder and see if the misfire follows, if that doesn't help then check the spark plug too. My car goes through them a lot, about a set a year.
Yeah, the spark plugs are really old and need replacing, so I'm gonna try checking over all the wiring and making sure the injectors are seated correctly if that doesn't work I'll try replacing my spark plugs and ignition coils.