swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Unless you have bought a car since last fall, most of the usual references tried and true “hacks” for dealer lots is out the window… it’s a whole new world out there currently with new and used car sales… the whole go this day for a deal, or haggle this way, show limited interest, tell them you want to only pay xx, etc… it’s all met with “that’s the price right now” lol

They would rather have your GTI and not even sell you the R I’m sure… they all just want shit on the lots as the majority of current consumers are paying the silly prices cause they don’t have a lot of options.
This.

When we bought the Taos back in November the negotiation process was "that's the price". 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Unless you have bought a car since last fall, most of the usual references tried and true “hacks” for dealer lots is out the window… it’s a whole new world out there currently with new and used car sales… the whole go this day for a deal, or haggle this way, show limited interest, tell them you want to only pay xx, etc… it’s all met with “that’s the price right now” lol

They would rather have your GTI and not even sell you the R I’m sure… they all just want shit on the lots as the majority of current consumers are paying the silly prices cause they don’t have a lot of options.

Agreed. When I had my lesbian phase and was shopping GLI's, dealers wouldn't budge at all. The first dealer I went to seemed shocked when I got up and walked out because they wouldn't meet the price I was willing to pay. Pretty sure they're all just used to people agreeing to whatever prices. That GLI sat on their lot for an additional month and a half before it disappeared from the car sale websites. Never got a phone call saying "Hey, if you're still interested, we'll come down the $2,000 now!"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Agreed. When I had my lesbian phase and was shopping GLI's
Pretty sure I was expecting to read Subaru Outback/Forester here….

although I wouldn’t kick an STI fozzie out of bed….

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My service light is on today. I haven't even done 5k miles in a year. I've done just under 4.3k miles. It'll probably be another 6-8 weeks before I'm at that 5k mark.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Man. I wish we got the i30 N here in the US...
Not a bad car at all. A tail happy fwd. Good seats and to my liking a great seating position (wheel to seat to pedals) except the seats are a light bit too high. 8 speed dsg w/ no complaints. 280hp, they cut the power from 0-30 too much for me. Interior is more like a cheap rental car spec. Suspension wise it’s not a tailor made shoe, it’s slightly too wide, but once you adjust to it it’s a lot of fun.
Booked the next 2.5 days session at the Nürburgring GP for September. 899€ is a steal. Includes instructor, car, track, fuel, hotel and catering.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Man can this car can handle being tossed avoiding a dumb driver. On Saturday I'm cruising on a two lane going 45 and this white van coming out a trailer park runs the stop sign right into the street without looking cuts me off BAD. Had to make a hard left to avoid him. Close call. I pulled over and had a few words to tell him. Guy looked drunk at 2pm. If I was driving my old corolla I would've hit him, steering response in the MK7 is top notch

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Man can this car can handle being tossed avoiding a dumb driver. On Saturday I'm cruising on a two lane going 45 and this white van coming out a trailer park runs the stop sign right into the street without looking cuts me off BAD. Had to make a hard left to avoid him. Close call. I pulled over and had a few words to tell him. Guy looked drunk at 2pm. If I was driving my old corolla I would've hit him, steering response in the MK7 is top notch
I'm sure he took those words with understanding and an apologetic nature. People are just the best, and I believe in them.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 11.45.04 AM.png

Location checks out