GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tony's Black GTI

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Love the trip dude! That section was filled my some of my favorite driving spots. And I love the custom sleeping spot! I had an idea - though more for shelving than sleeping - to rig something like that up but I neither had the time nor willpower to draft a design up.
I'm also glad to see people getting inspired to bring these fun little drivers on extended trips. Once you fix a couple weak spots these things are reliable as hell, with enough room for someone to live in it for 28 days lol

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
How easy was replacing the neck in the washer fluid reservoir? Mine cracked and I want to fix it. Was thinking of replacing the whole thing but maybe the neck only is the way to go.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
How easy was replacing the neck in the washer fluid reservoir? Mine cracked and I want to fix it. Was thinking of replacing the whole thing but maybe the neck only is the way to go.
I need to replace the whole thing, on mine I think. It leaks when I get about a half gallon in here. Must be broken somewhere near where the neck attaches. Springtime when the bumper comes off for some other things planned, I'll tackle that

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Neck is easy. Can all be done from the engine bay. If you want to replace the whole reservoir you will need to pull the front bumper.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Neck is easy. Can all be done from the engine bay. If you want to replace the whole reservoir you will need to pull the front bumper.
Thanks for the reply. I found what seems to be a replica of the one forge used to sell from AliExpress. Do you remember how you removed it? I don’t want to break anything lol.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the reply. I found what seems to be a replica of the one forge used to sell from AliExpress. Do you remember how you removed it? I don’t want to break anything lol.
Yeah I ordered from AliExpress and got the forge branded one. I don't recall replacing it but I think it was straight forward. Just took a good look at what was going on and took it apart.