GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I know I am sounding impatient, but this is just for curiosity. About how long does it take to get an ots file ? I know I am really early, but just looking at timeframes. Thanks again for all yall do!!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I know I am sounding impatient, but this is just for curiosity. About how long does it take to get an ots file ? I know I am really early, but just looking at timeframes. Thanks again for all yall do!!
1-3 business days normally.

-- Ed

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Well considering VW dropped MPI on the next gen EA888, and the MK7.5 in the UK had already lost it by the last couple of years....

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
1620164343559.png

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
What’s the current lead time on a live tuning appointment?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What’s the current lead time on a live tuning appointment?
I don't think EQT gets an abundance of remote dyno tune sessions. When I scheduled mine I just picked a date and time about 3 weeks out when I could schedule dyno time and then on the EQT website scheduled it.
I verified it with EQT a few days before the scheduled time because I would have been charged for dyno time anyway. On the day of the tune the dyno operator contacted EQT and got an immediate response and started the session. It took just under 3 hours and there was 8 tune revisions.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to provide a positive review from the community on the EQT tune. It's a bit long winded, but I hope thorough for those wondering what they should do

I recently traded in my JB1 for a used Cobb Accessport, from an owner who crashed their R before the package arrived. The other member was fine, the R not so much.

The AP had a 2019 EQT tune on it with burble, and I have a 2018 - missed that the two tunes aren't compatible, but that's a buyer beware when buying something used. Still got a good deal on the AP so didn't bug me too much. I would have liked to have tried the burble, or to have it as something I could have on the side - maybe make adjustments in the future if I truly crave it.

The JB1 was good, but it is a somewhat 'dumb' box compared to the JB4 which also monitors various metrics through the OBDII port. Either way, bought it used for what I sold it for, and it packed a nice punch when I bought the R. It didn't take long before I grabbed a downpipe and clutch.

When I received my Cobb Accessport, I got it all set-up and decided while I waited for my EQT tune to run the Cobb Stage III map. It wasn't too bad, very raw, in that it seemed the torque hit you like a turbo car is expected. It reminded me of my K04 B5 S4 /w GIAC Stage III tune. It just seemed to give you a jolt of torque and make everyone giggle in the car.

After a day flipping emails back and forth with EQT, it was determined the best way to buy the new tune, and did so. I got the EQT Stage II @ 91 octane /w LC, NLS and TC v2.52.
I know this post is useless without commenting on those features, but I seriously feel like besides writing this, haven't had much time to really play with the tune.

I can say though, the tune is VERY smooth and responsive. The gas pedal feels more sensitive than stock, which is fine, it looks like v2.51 it was even more sensitive which I think might have been too much. I do find between that and the power, I keep looking down to double check my speed. Seriously the smoothness of this tune is phenomenal, especially for a turbo engine. I don't have an exhaust and the engine is fairly quiet to begin with, without the soundaktor but the car feels like it doesn't take much effort to drive it fast, it just goes. I have to watch the speedo / RPMs a tad more closely to make sure I get use to it.

When I want to have fun, besides the bottom few hundred RPM, the car pulls like my APR B8 S4 Stage II tune. It just seems to pull and pull and pull. I haven't been working on my launches but again when I went for a cruise with my wife and was merging on the highway, she was gripping the door handles like in that last S4. Much harder / satisfying pull then the JB1.

So now a new problem has been found...front end lift I think. It's as if the Wavetrac LSD seems to struggle a tad bit now when I push the car through hard corners, as I can really feel it when the back end wants to help out in some very small situations. It wasn't a problem before, but I think I need to figure that bit out, and get the Haldex a bit more active with a tune. It really speaks to the power increase, as it not only transforms that straight line speed, but other aspects as well.

It goes back to having a FWD Golf (GTI/R) I think and it's just not the 'BMW M2' that fixes a lot of these type of dynamics of the car. It is good to know though as you push one thing, that there is a new 'issue' to deal with and play with / research and of course makes better. The never ending tuning story continues, thanks EQT? haha, it keeps one interested in the platform a while longer anyway.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
You should try that UM Haldex tune!

I just got my EQT tune on Monday myself, if anyone was curious, it was ordered on 4/19... I was first contacted by Nick for the Protune on 4/28, I responded on 4/30... and got it 5/10.

I have trip coming up so I wont be able to mess with it until the week after next :( Can't wait!

...So are you gonna try out NLS?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
You should try that UM Haldex tune!

I just got my EQT tune on Monday myself, if anyone was curious, it was ordered on 4/19... I was first contacted by Nick for the Protune on 4/28, I responded on 4/30... and got it 5/10.

I have trip coming up so I wont be able to mess with it until the week after next :( Can't wait!

...So are you gonna try out NLS?
Protune or OTS?

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry for the question if it has already been answered.
Is it possible to get EQT tune through Eurodyne Maestro, I already have the cable/interface. I would love to have your tune, at the moment financially the access port route it's not in my budget.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sorry for the question if it has already been answered.
Is it possible to get EQT tune through Eurodyne Maestro, I already have the cable/interface. I would love to have your tune, at the moment financially the access port route it's not in my budget.
No. EQT is Cobb AP.