GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0TDI MPG Figures Please

kennedyliam38

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf MK7 TDI
Evening all...

This may not be the most exciting thing in the world but can everybody submit their MPG for different driving scenarios for their 2.0TDI (preferably 2012 onwards). I’ve got the 150 DSG but remapped and is now at 215. I’ve noticed a significant performance increase, of course, but my MPG has stayed roughly similar when driving normally.

I am approx:
  • City (20-30mph stop start) 25-35MPG..terrible of course, but I’m never really in that scenario.
  • Town (30-40mph regular driving) 40-55MPG
  • Outer urban/dual carriageway/country 50-65MPG (depending on traffic etc)
  • Motorway (75mph depending on t) 52-58MPG
I am simply interested to see what others are getting. All figured above are approximate and can deviate depending on different factors. For example I’ve seen as high as 68-72MPG on a continuous 45-65mph drive and as low as 20MPG in the city.

Thanks all!

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
My girlfriend has one (2015 US spec) and the lifetime avg. is about 48 mpg. She drives with a Lightfoot but anytime I drive it I give it the beans, especially since she makes more frequent trips so I make sure to get solid regens done. Only mods are springs and wheels.

Curious to what tune you went with? Did you have the "fixes" done and the 120k mile warranty on the exhaust and short block? Any other mods? My GTI is modded to shit, and we both said we were going to maintain the 120k mile warranty on this, but I can tell the car wants more go.

kennedyliam38

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf MK7 TDI
My girlfriend has one (2015 US spec) and the lifetime avg. is about 48 mpg. She drives with a Lightfoot but anytime I drive it I give it the beans, especially since she makes more frequent trips so I make sure to get solid regens done. Only mods are springs and wheels.

Curious to what tune you went with? Did you have the "fixes" done and the 120k mile warranty on the exhaust and short block? Any other mods? My GTI is modded to shit, and we both said we were going to maintain the 120k mile warranty on this, but I can tell the car wants more go.

In terms of mechanical mods I’ve only had the engine and gearbox remapped. 215BHP and 450nm.

Cosmetic mods include powder coated alloys, wiper delete, tints and more. But they obviously don’t affect MPG.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I had a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI that I sold back to VW for full purchase price. The lifetime fuel mileage was about 41mpg.

We had a 2010 Sportwagen 6M and our experience was like yours with overall fuel economy. We too sold ours back. We loved the car, but VW's offer was too good to refuse.