GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the Car scene...

ablackdude2020

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT
Mind linking/sending the video you found? I have the AS3s and have been thinking about switching to the DWS06 for the softer sidewalls. The AS3s are too firm for me on the stock suspension.
Absolutely, here you go.

Let me add the thumbnail is very misleading lol he drives a BMW in it.

ablackdude2020

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT
Got the Contis and Pretoria wheels done yesterday! Thanks to everyone who gave advice on here, I couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_120950_940.jpg
    IMG_20200528_120950_940.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 445

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
man ive been running
BFGoodrich
G-Force Comp 2 A/S
for the past 5 years, maybe ill try continental next, since my tires only last around 20k or so each time, a;lthough ive been eyeing the nokian tire brand

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
OP, first of all, welcome. After a few years of experience with a good portion of the Golf line over the years and a fair bit of performance driving experience, I would recommend sooner, rather than later, get a performance alignment done on the car, and then, as soon as possible, get yourself to a performance driving school or autocross driving school ASAP before you do anything else on the new car. It won't hurt the car at all and it will help you in more ways than you can comprehend. The most critical part on the car is the wheel nut behind the wheel.
There are several links on this forum on optimum alignment settings. The settings provided by @RacingManiac are highly recommended. Use the Search function.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
yeah im about ready to buy my 3rd set lol only 67k miles, do the others not wear as fast?
the orig perillis that came with my car lasted about 12k
There are definitely other tires that will last longer but almost every tire gets performance from sacrificing tread life. Some of this is driving style though, launches, hard corners, high speed all chew up your tires.

There's a fair chance that other high performers will suffer the same quick wearing fate. Pretty good chance you'll just end up shredding the more expensive tires at the exact same rate, and that makes it hard to justify the extra cost up front.

ablackdude2020

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT

ablackdude2020

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT
OP, first of all, welcome. After a few years of experience with a good portion of the Golf line over the years and a fair bit of performance driving experience, I would recommend sooner, rather than later, get a performance alignment done on the car, and then, as soon as possible, get yourself to a performance driving school or autocross driving school ASAP before you do anything else on the new car. It won't hurt the car at all and it will help you in more ways than you can comprehend. The most critical part on the car is the wheel nut behind the wheel.
There are several links on this forum on optimum alignment settings. The settings provided by @RacingManiac are highly recommended. Use the Search function.

Thank you very much for sharing this as I wasn't even aware a "performance" alignment was a thing. I'll definitely do some more research on it.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Thank you very much for sharing this as I wasn't even aware a "performance" alignment was a thing. I'll definitely do some more research on it.

Set Zero toe in the rear....

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
DWS06 is a very street compliant ride, I agree. Only downside (?) is that the side walls are round if it bothers anyone.
They wear incredibly well too.. lasts a very long time.

That basically means they bulge out a bit? I was thinking it shouldn't be too noticeable in 225/40/18.