GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by xatnys360

1. X

Passenger door handle (exterior) coming apart - any tips?

Something strange has happened to my passenger side door handle a few weeks ago - the "thumb" portion (where the key could go, if our passenger side doors were keyed) began to separate from the assembly: The whole thing is holding together alright, but it all seems very fragile... I would...
  2. X

FS: MKV H&R Sport Lowering Springs

FS: MKV H&R Sport Lowering Springs - $175 shipped. Average lowering (2006-2007 front: 1.5" rear: 1.4") (2008+ front: 0.9" rear: 0.8"). Installed:
  3. X

Pulley Pictorial - Stock vs. ECS vs. Fluidampr

I recently installed a Fluidampr pulley and thought I'd take a minute to share some thoughts on stock vs. ECS lightweight vs. Fluidampr. The first aftermarket pulley I tried was from ECS. This pulley is much lighter than stock, but it is the same size - it isn't an under-drive pulley. I...
  4. X

FS: ECS Lightweight Crank Pulley

SOLD: ECS Lightweight Crank Pulley *SOLD* ECS Lightweight Performance Pulley for MKV GTI w/ (6) new OEM crank pulley bolts - $100 shipped. Stock Pulley: 3.70 lbs. ECS Pulley: .65 lbs.
  5. X

FS: PWRHAUS DV Spacer

FS: PWRHAUS DV Spacer *SOLD* Like new PWRHAUS DV Spacer. I bought this just to see how it compares to the Forge spacer (they sound identical). $40 shipped.
  6. X

VCDS Weirdness - No Timing Advance?

I just ran a log of Block 020 to see what timing looks like post-water/meth install and had really bizarre readings... I didn't think the software was even reading properly because it continuously showed 0 degrees, so I did a full log on the way to the store. I've got four rows of 0's, except...
  7. X

Hub Centric Ring Help

Quick question guys. My friend bought a 2012 Audi Q5 Premium Plus and immediately threw a new set of wheels on it. I picked up his stock wheels and want to put them on my '07 GTI. The wheels are 18" (I believe OE tire size was 235/60-18) and same bolt pattern as my GTI, but the hubs on my...
  8. X

V-Band Clamps (Exhaust Q)

Can V-Band clamps be tightened enough to prevent rotations of the constituent parts of an exhaust system? I recently picked up a Eurojet catback and I'm having an issue with a long stretch of it rotating and hanging lower than I would like. I feel like it could use an added hanger, but I...
  9. X

FS: CXRacing Coilovers

FS: CXRacing Coilovers SOLD SOLD I bought these used back in April - FWIW, the previous owner said he logged "less than 100 miles" on them; I have since put another 5k on them. They are fixed dampening and go pretty low. PM or post with any questions.
  10. X

So You Want to Run a FMIC, but Leaving the Stock IC in there Bugs You?

We all know there are three options for upgrading you intercooler: replace the stock unit with a S3/Eurojet/APR "OEM upgrade", disconnect the stock intercooler and run something like a BSH or Neuspeed dedicated FMIC, or use a "twin cooler" system like Forge or Godspeed to utilize a FMIC core as...
  11. X

FS: Forge DV and Spacer

$150 shipped OBO. Everything is in great shape and ships with everything you need to install (boost tap, hoses, bolts, etc.).
  12. X

Boost Leak - Not DV, Not PCV

My girlfriend recently picked up a 2006 DSG MKV GTI (to match my 2007). The car recently began to throw CEL, which a Vagcom scan blamed on a boost problem (it said to check the DV). The car she bought came with an aftermarket Forge DV, so we ditched that part and installed a Rev D stock unit...
  13. X

My Revo Stage 1 Review

I got my car flashed to Revo Stage 1 a few days ago - I thought I would take a moment to throw up my initial impressions. My car has few mods right now - only a BSH TrueSeal intake and BSH/Forge DV Relocation. I had the shop set the tune as aggressively as possible for 93 octane - about an...
  14. X

Installed Boost Gauge - Couple Questions

I just installed a "center vent" New South Performance boost gauge, but I ran into some trouble. First, does anyone have any tips for removing the "front trim face" from the vent assembly? I was able to peel it open wide enough to get the gauge mount piece inside, but it's not lined up 100%...
  15. X

BSH DV Relocation - A Review, Complaints, Questions

This is a VERY preliminary review - I have a grand total of 30 miles on this kit, but I have some comments about the design and questions that will no doubt be persistent. My GTI came with a rev C DV, and I wanted to switch to a "better" setup to avoid trouble downrange. I already have the BSH...