GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by wkonkel

1. W

Stock boost vs. APR boost

I had an APR tune done to my MkV GTI. I also added the LCT Vario Plus Control Module which shows boost on the MFD. With the APR enabled, I accelerated and the MFD showed a max of 2.35 BAR of boost. It idles at 0.4 BAR. If standard pressure is 1.0, this calculates out to idle at -8.7 psi and...
  2. W

Looking for a good dealership in NOVA

I have a 2007 GTI that I bought from the Fairfax VW dealership. I had a 5k servicing done there and they've been great. Problem is they're a bit far from where I live (Arlington, VA). There is a dealership in Alexandria that is much closer, but I've only been able to find horrible reviews...
  3. W

Just installed a diesel geek short shifter...

So I just finished up installing the dieselgeek short shifter and took it for a spin. First impression is actually not that great. Yes, the shift is much shorter and it's much nicer now. The problem is that, as strange as this sounds, it seems to make a *LOT* more noise in the car. It seems...
  4. W

OEM stereo wiring harness pinout

I just got a 2007 GTI and I'm planning on pulling out the factory stereo (6 disk in-dash cd changer, mp3-capable, sirius) and putting in an aftermarket nav. When I pull apart the dash and disconnect the OEM stereo, what wires will I find connected to it (specifically, what's the pinout for the...