GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by v-dub89

1. V

Rabbit seat wear

A common problem with the "velour" seats in the rabbit is the seats wear pretty fast. Since most of the time, it's just me in the car, only the driver's seat has this issue. Anyways, I read threads about it before, so I searched and can't seem to find them. Anybody have this issue and was able...
  2. V

Finally bought myself an ipod

So I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself an iPod. It's the touch 32gb 3rd gen. Well, I bought one Saturday and was in love with it until it kept freezing and being super slow. I exchanged it for this one and it's good so far *knock on wood* I'm typing this on my touch btw :) It's a...
  3. V

few questions about springs and powdercoating wheels

I've had my rabbit for a bit over a year and the only mod I've done so far is tint the windows. I've held back on doing more because of the whole money issue. I know I shouldn't be putting any more money into the car, but I can't resist... Ok, first, springs. I've only read good things about...
  4. V

CR puts rabbit in most reliable small car list

I know many of you hate Consumer reports lol But they've released their newest reliability results. Overall VW and Audi have improved. The rabbit is their most reliable product, while the touerag is the worst (actualy, worst vehicle of any brand, ouch). They have put the rabbit among their...
  5. V

Petro-canada car wash season pass

I searched and it looks like it is about 150$ (not sure if that's with or without tax). You can wash your car once a day for 90 days. Seems like an ok deal considering winters around the corner and it can be used on more than one car. I would probably only use it once or twice a week though...
  6. V

I feel dumb/ the rabbit is a tank!

So coming home tonight on the highway, the car in front of me swerved to avoid hitting an object in the road. I didn't have enough time to slow down much and couldn't swerve because cars were around me. So turns out it was this huge ass tarp. So I go over it and everything seems fine. I...
  7. V

vw golf mk7 on vw.ca

I don't know if you guys have noticed it yet, but info and prices are up for the entire golf lineup (3 door, 5 door, wagon, and GTI) on vw of canada website! A comparable golf to my rabbit is about 600$ more. I don't know if that's the case for the rest of the lineup. It does come with a bit...
  8. V

GTI sideskirt question

I want to buy GTI OEM sideskirts. But in the list of parts, they show skirt retaining clips (right and left) and skirt adapter also. Do I need to buy these also to install the sideskirts?
  9. V

so the dealer messed up... (big surprise)

I got my oil change done at 16,000km and now that I'm at 21,000 I decided to clean the underhood area and check my oil at the same time. Well, it is above the maximum level. Anf I've been driving it like this for 5,000kms! You'd think they could do a simple oil change without a screw up...
  10. V

Anyone got their GTI stolen in Michigan? lol

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Volkswagen-VW-GTI-2007-Track-Car-W0QQAdIdZ117638593 Looks stolen to me. What dumbass posts a stolen car on the internet?
  11. V

my rabbit has a leak I think :(

So I had a passenger with me the other day, and there was a couple drops of water that fell from the roof (where the holy shit handles are). I'm a little concerned that if this is a continuing thing, it could make mold in the headliner. Maybe it was just condensation or something, who knows...
  12. V

kind of shity wipers

I'm at 10,000km and my wipers haven't been the best for a while now. When it wipes the windshiled, both leave streaks in the middle. And the one on the drivers side is directly in my field of vision, and with winter that part freezes at times and it's anoying. Is this normal for the wipers to do...
  13. V

TPMS and Canada

I was under the impression all 2008+ cars in Canada had TPMS like in the states, but apparently not since my car doesn't have it. Did Canada not follow up with the US law? I'm just curious. I'm actualy happy I don't have TPMS as I dont have an anoying idiot light on all winter long lol
  14. V

speeding ticket - need help/advise

Well tonight coming from Brampton, going back to Sudbury (for college), I was on highway 69 just passed parrysound and it happened... The cop was coming from the opposite direction, did a u-turn and was coming up behind me, so I instantly slowed down to just below 100 (speed limit 90), and...
  15. V

ARGHH stupid birds

Today I come back from class to my car, and there was bird shit all over my CW rabbit! And it's not ordinary white shit; it's black and green. Anyways, the wipers weren't sufficient to get the shit off the windshield, so I had to rub it off with a napkin. Well anyways, there's still some on my...