GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rubbaVdub

1. rubbaVdub

Traded in the GTI

For another GTI! 2013 Wolfsburg brand new with 19 km on the dial :) I drove the new MK7 several times and it felt almost identical to this. As much as I loved the huge panoramic sunroof, that luxury wasn't worth the potential risks behind buying the first generation of a car built in Mexico...
  2. rubbaVdub

Need some crap tires in Ottawa

Looking for a set of old 225 40 18 rubber. Can pick up anywhere in Ottawa. Doesn't matter how worn out or bald the tires are, they just need to hold air. PM if you have some to get rid of. Thanks!
  3. rubbaVdub

Complete Kenwood In-Dash Nav Kit for MKV

Selling a complete in-dash navigation solution for your MKV. This is made up of a high quality Enfig dash kit & wiring harness and an awesome Kenwood navigation head-unit. Everything is in great working condition and the stock speakers really sing with the added power of the Kenwood's amplifier...
  4. rubbaVdub

Oil Smell Under Acceleration / EPC & Engine Light

Car has 68,000 km (42,000 miles), APR Stage 1 TSI tune and is meticulously dealer maintained. Only running VW spec oil and check the level every fill-up. The car has not been known to burn oil. This past week I've been noticing an oil smell under moderate to hard acceleration. Checked my oil...
  5. rubbaVdub

B6 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Kill

Ran into a B6 A4 last night on my way home from a meet. Car was dark blue with tinted windows and probably had an intake, exhaust and BOV (sounded like it anyway). We ended up next to each-other at a red light but I couldn't get the guys attention. I did a very gentle take-off on the green...
  6. rubbaVdub

Went for a joyride today

Yeehaw! E5nMJ-2QSVU http://youtu.be/E5nMJ-2QSVU
  7. rubbaVdub

Might order a 2015 GTI tonight

Somebody talk me out of this ;) I've had my MKV for about a gear and I absolutely love it. It runs like a top and has never given me a single issue that wasn't fixed for free under warranty (which has 2.5 years remaining). Part of what makes it so good is my outstanding dealer, where I have...
  8. rubbaVdub

Red GTI with black wheels in Bell's Corners

Is the owner on here? I live around the corner and always drive past your car on the way to work. Shoot me a PM!
  9. rubbaVdub

800 Horsepower Civics

Okay probably not 800 horsepower. It might have actually been closer to 110 horsepower... But none the less, it looked fast! I'm talking rusted quarters, primered body kit, 5" fart-can, stickers, so many stickers, peeling blueish window tints, oxidized alloys on bald tires and slammed beyond...
  10. rubbaVdub

Picked up some 110 octane race fuel today, quite a boost in power

A friend of mine sold me half a drum of 110 octane race fuel today. I dumped it in the car when I hit empty and switched to my 100 octane tune for the first time. I went for a cruise and found the performance gain was huge. Much more low end power and the car seems to be breathe better at high...
  11. rubbaVdub

Would you buy my GTI?

Hi all, just looking for some feedback here. I've been considering a new vehicle as I need something a bit larger and more versatile. I wanted to get an idea of how much I could get for my GTI. So here it is: -2009 GTI 3-door (United Gray Metallic) -Cloth seats, sunroof, premium 6-disc...
  12. rubbaVdub

Cold-starting a GTI at -25°C / -13°F

For those of you who don't live in an area with a 70 degree climate difference between summer and winter. This is what its like starting my car during the cold half of the year. On this night we hit a low of -36 :) k9_FkCIcrOU http://youtu.be/k9_FkCIcrOU The fade/delay on the MFD was so bad...
  13. rubbaVdub

DSG Slipping in Extreme Cold?

I've been looking around everywhere for a clear answer on this but have found nothing. I'm heading to the dealer next week to let them take a look. My DSG is slipping badly in extreme cold temperatures. Anything below -20 C will do it. I usually let the car warm up for about 5 minutes before...
  14. rubbaVdub

MKV GTI S1 vs B200 Turbo

Buddy of mine bought a '06 Merc B200 Turbo yesterday. We had a few little pulls today and the outcome was surprising. His car seems pretty gutless. He's got a 2.0 L turbo automatic with about the same power as a stock GTI, but 200 lbs less weight. He was running all seasons, I just put on my...
  15. rubbaVdub

Wheel Bolt-Pattern Question

I'm looking into buying some winter tires mounted on steelies and was curious whether I could get 5x114.3 mm offset to fit on my GTI. I believe the GTI & Rabbit are between 5x110 and 5x112. I've managed to fit 115 offset wheels on 114.3 in the past. Just wondering how this would go... Thanks!