GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ronnie_B

1. Ronnie_B

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... It's Monkey Pox Season - Will You Surrender Your Freedoms Again?

I assumed it was obvious to everyone that we’re referring to your average track day enthusiast, not a professional race team at Le Mans.
  2. Ronnie_B

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... It's Monkey Pox Season - Will You Surrender Your Freedoms Again?

Jay, looks like they just took a Scotch-brite disc or wire brush wheel to the surface to remove the head gasket material. 😄 The issue that people don't understand is that the gasket imprints on the soft aluminum head, and on a forced-induction engine it's just a matter of time.
  3. Ronnie_B

I have no clue how I got roped into this shitshow of a thread, but I'm letting myself out. I can only handle but so much bullshit science-denying rhetoric. I will say that I'm totally shocked that someone who doesn't believe in valve jobs and cylinder head resurfacing, also doesn't believe in...
  4. Ronnie_B

You think a drag race determines if an engine is reliable? Try 2-3 hours of grueling track time before checking that box. 😄 Some of the most jerry-rigged setups I've ever seen were at drag strips. #doavalvejob #resurfaceyourheads
  5. Ronnie_B

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

My last build, for reference. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  6. Ronnie_B

Yeah no, I'm pretty sure all understand the car is pretty kickass. I think the problem came when it was compared like for like with a GTI. Not very useful to compare a $50k car with a $25k car, and then claim we're all waisting our time modifying a GTI. I've worked on everything from pro-touring...
  7. Ronnie_B

This /\ But that's also because we're not comparing the performance of a $45k+ car to the the GTI's $25k. To the OP, nice car! My only criticism of the car would be the automatic transmission over the manual. :D If you don't mind my asking, what was the reason to get rid of a 2015 R (assume...
  8. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Unfortunately, I think we'll keep on dreaming for a while. With GM axing Holden production in Australia, the SS is a limited run anyway. I was really hoping a rebadged G8 GT would be here for good, but realistically it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Chrysler has had very good results...
  9. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Exactly. GM already has the Cadillac ATS and CTS, why they felt the need to option out the SS to the point of Cadillac-esque luxury is beyond me. Give us the option of a base L77 6M Commodore at the justified price of ~$30k, and they'd sell like hotcakes. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk