GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ronan1

1. R

2 sets of Valeo OEM LED tails

Howdy , happy July 4th. I'm doing a garage clean up, and I have two sets of Valeo tails. One is used, one is brand new. One of the sets has an issue with one of the tail lamps (flickering LED's) but the rest of the lamps are 100%, and the second set (brand new) all work perfectly. I'm...
  2. R

BNIB - Votex Rear Bumper

SOLD !!!
  3. R

Bay Area - NorCal KW V2 for sale

**SOLD** Selling my KW V2 kit for a GTI. Approx 10k of commute miles on them. Still have original box and adjustment wrenches. Awesome damping and ride height! Ideally looking for a local sale but will consider shipping to lower 48. Looking for $575 shipped or $500 picked up. Please PM me for...
  4. R

Totally AWESOME headlight washer kit

Thats right, selling a headlight washer kit which I never installed. Everything is included, including the bumper caps for the washers which are painted BMP. You will need to VAG COM this bad boy for full functionality. Looking for $180 shipped CON-US. PM me for dibs.
  5. R

Garage clear out!

Howdy all, got the following up for grabs...PM for dibs/ to buy etc. GTI headlight washer kit, including BMP grille covers... I believe the entire kit is here, I bought it to install on my car and have come to the conclusion I'm not going to bother. Pump, water line, wiring/cabling and both...
  6. R

Anyone want a mk5 TDI?

This is not mine, nor do I know the seller. Its possibly the only Mk5 Rabbit/Golf TDI in the US. Notice the climatronic too. I've not idea how it is here legally? Also, shame its a salvage title. Its certainly a non-US model - check out the rear tails, one fog light and one reverse light...
  7. R

Kw's at max height?

Howdy all, I just installed some Kw's (which are AWESOME by the way) and I've got them set at what I believe it max height. They are 18 coils up on the passenger side and 21 on the drivers side. I'm going to measure everything today and check, but from experience I'm looking to hear from other...
  8. R

possible power loss @ 95k miles?

Howdy all, I've a 2008 GTI with 95k miles on it. All maintenance completed, oil change every 5k with top up's as needed, all the good stuff. I've noticed (at least I think I have) a drop off in power over the past few months. I've not put the car on a dyno, and it still seems quick, just not...
  9. R

OEM GTI Swaybar + bushings

Low mileage rear sway bar for a 2008 GTI. Bushings in perfect condition. Pics on request. Located in Bay Area, prefer not to ship. $60 picked up OBO. PM if interested, thanks.
  10. R

OEM Fogs/Switch/BSH Catch Can & Center Vent, etc

OEM Euro SWITCH , CATCH CAN & FOGS ARE SOLD Doing a garage clean out so I've the following bits for sale; OEM honeycomb fog light grilles; $15 + shipping OEM front bumper orange side markers $10 + shipping OEM Fog lights + bulbs $50 OBO + shipping (perfect working condition, no cracks...
  11. R

At what point did your suspension become 'crashy'?

I've now got 91k miles on my 2008 GTI, which is running its original suspension. Lately, I've noticed that lately the car crashes and bangs over bumps, in a very un-German way. Other than that, the suspension is still firm and doesn't seem like the shocks are blown. Most of my driving is on...
  12. R

Plaids to leathers!

Anyone replaced their plaid seats from a 2008 GTI with leathers from a 2007? I'm about to do this swap and trying to learn as much as I can. I've searched and there is a bunch of rabbit to GTI seat swaps, not too much on the GTI swaps. I'm mainly concerned with plugs for seat occupancy...
  13. R

What was your last car?

Wow, a lot of previous Honda and other Jap cars seem to be taking the plunge. I think the MkVI is responsible for getting a lot of non VW owners into the brand. Got 85k on my 2008 GTI and it runs like a champ. Within the year I'll be going either MkVI GTI or R. What wonderful cars the GTI's are :)
  14. R

oil change help?

Ok guys, tried to change the oil today myself on the GTI for the first time. There seems to be a little black cap on the base of the filter which needs to be removed to get access to the nipple. I tried both screwing it off, and prying it off. How do I remove it? Anyone? Bueller? :biggrin:
  15. R

WTB - Leather interior for 4 door

Anyone out there interested in swapping their interior for a plaid one? My car is 2008 and has perfect seats, no tears/stains. Willing to pay $500 + my seats. Any takers? :wink: