GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Rickyfinch

1. R

Timing belt kit for FSI/BPY

Selling timing belt kit with upgraded metal impeller on water pump, it comes with one cam follower, Standard and a serpentine belt for MKV GTI. Asking $140+ shipping for all of it. I've upgraded to the MK6 Gen 3 GLI so I've no use for it. Ricky thearmytrucker@gmail.com 85o93three643nine
  2. R

Heat is stuck on!! Any ideas?

My heater is stuck on in my car, compressor is running. It was working fine this morning. It's 90° here in Florida and my "AC" is blowing considerably hotter than the outside temperature.
  3. R

Thoughts on bracket racing my GTI

I've taken my GTI to the track 3 times since it's last round of modifications. Each time it's run within 5 hundredth​s of a second with only a few exceptions due to spinning or bogging on launch with street tires btw. My question is, with the exception of drag radials which are on the way. Do...
  4. R

Finally went out to 1/4 mile track.

I went to Cecil Raceway tonight, in preparation I took the rear seats, and passenger seat out along with be spare tire. Best run so far is 13.55 @ 101.98 60' is 2.05 1/8 is 8.73 @81. Not bad for some bolt ons and a stage 1 united Motorsports tune.
  5. R

Thought on my MKV GTI and it's current mods.

Recently I was doing some thinking about my 08 GTI (fsi) and it's current mod list. First off, my mods. United Motorsports Stage 1 tune. $400 EBay 3" DP. $100 EBay big s3 gti intercooler all aluminum bigger than apr. $250 Cx racing cai.$160 Dogbone insert (don't remember the brand.) $30 My...
  6. R

My MKV vs Genesis 3.8 New body style

So a new body style Genesis Coupe ran up beside me today. We ran three times, the first two he left way early and I was in drive with the AC on. The third, we were caught at a light and I was able to use launch control. The light turned green and we left at the same time as far as I could tell...
  7. R

To Ko4 MKV or buy MK7

I'll soon have my 2008 MKV GTI paid off and a soon raise in income opens a few things up for me. The 2008 has DSG, leather, 4 doors and moon roof. All in all its in great shape. Option 1) Take my current 92,000 mile MKV GTI and upgrade to the Ko4 with all the supporting fun as well as some...
  8. R

Import Showdown at Drag Strip

Ok well I took my MKV GTI to the drag strip to test and tune to see what advances I've made so far, as far as my time goes to check my improvements. My car is a 2008 4 door, DSG, with every option, I've added a UM tune (stage 1) and a eBay DP. First off the stock intercooler is shit and will be...
  9. R

Cel p0171, need some advice.

Tonight I got the p0171 (lean bank 1) cel. My mods are 3" dp catless and UM stage 1 tune. Everything else is stock. After I got it, I checked my boost with some good 4th gear runs, all appears ok holding 20 psi as always to about 16 at redline. My vacuum at idle is the same as always 24 Hg...
  10. R

United Motorsports stage 1 tune. Short term review.

So I've had my UM stage 1 tune for 3 days now. This will be a quick review of what I think up to this point. First off the price, $499, personally is the main reason I picked this tune, Apr Stage 2 now costs $750 if you don't have their downpipe. The good so far, The boost pressure is higher...
  11. R

Some tuning questions, United vs Apr NO FLAME!

Alright, I'm getting tuned tomorrow. I have a choice of Apr stage 2 or United stage 1. Apr will cost $750, $599 plus a up charge of $150 for not having their downpipe. Apparently their pricing has changed recently. Second option is United stage 1 which will cost $499. My question is, is Apr...
  12. R

Need Aux port and rid of ipod base.

My 2008 GTI doesn't have a AUX port, I do have the ipod hook up in center console. Not too happy about that, I have no IPod, and I wish I had the deeper regular console. Can anyone help me out?
  13. R

2008 MKV FSI vs 2012 Genesis 2.0 r-spec

A buddy that I work with has a 2012 Genesis 2.0 5 speed auto, r-spec, he has exhaust (cat back), lowered, and a DIY CAI. I have a 2008 GTI, FSI, DSG, four door, leather, moon roof ect. so it should be one of the heavier GTI's. I just purchased the car pre-owned, and under the hood it's totally...