GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RennWerks

1. RennWerks

VW ID4 (electric “suv”)

Well . . . since you asked . . . I'll be kind to those behind the decision to introduce the ID4 to the North American market and not the ID3, and say simply I'd be all over the ID3. And the Buzz. Especially the Buzz. I have no interest whatsoever in the ID4.
  2. RennWerks

WRT to your thread titled "Where Are My Photographers," I recommend you email this fellow...

WRT to your thread titled "Where Are My Photographers," I recommend you email this fellow: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?members/adamsheikh.115819/ Great eye and he certainly knows how to work light and shadow.
  3. RennWerks

2020 GTI mk8

Guys, most respectfully (keep repeating that), you need to focus here: Engine, chassis, tranny, brakes, steering, seats. Way, way down the list of essentials, and arguably below aesthetics, comes toys and electronic devices. Volkswagen is trying to sell you a ton of gear for $30k-$40k...
  4. RennWerks

2020 GTI mk8

Same two Mk8 V-Dubs at the 'Ring -- better camera work: Temp production issue: https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/vw-golf-8-deliveries-halted-over-software-issue/ar-BB14bSBa?ocid=spartandhp
  5. RennWerks

2020 GTI mk8

Genuinely thank you for the linked article, Carlos. My first thought is: If this is the GTI we're going to get, it holds GREAT promise for the R.
  6. RennWerks

2020 GTI mk8

Hummm . . . While I, too, would like to celebrate what at first glance appears to be a decent looking front grille -- as opposed to the Mk8 GTI's open maw -- a closer look at pics 9, 10, and 11 et seq. in the AutoBlog sequence above reveals the descending appendages in the pics are held in...
  7. RennWerks

Future Clubsport?

You're correct. However, I believe the increase can be traced principally to the introduction of the Sportwagen and the huge discounts offered on the other Golf models, including the GTI. (The norm seems to be NLT $4k.) IMHO, that's not a sustainable marketing plan. Far from it. Moreover...
  8. RennWerks

Future Clubsport?

Clubsport here? Doubtful. Why? Search the R boards: Release of the 2018 Rs has been repeatedly delayed for some unknown reason(s). I think it's related to the undiagnosed misfire issue some percentage of owners have experienced. It may be a software issue, but who knows. It's my hunch that...