GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rceckspurt13

1. rceckspurt13

2.0T TFSI Cam Follower Warranty

So, early last week, the CEL came up on my '06 GTI. It hadn't been running well for a while, felt down on power, and idle was rough. It went into the dealer on the 14th, and within hours, I got a call from the dealership informing me that my cam follower had completely warn through, and the fuel...
  2. rceckspurt13

2006 United Grey GTI. Olalla, Washington

I don't like it, but it looks like the GTI will have to go. If you're looking for one, you will not find a nicer '06. 67,xxx miles, 2 door, DSG. I'm now asking $14,500. Heres the full ad: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/3011194042.html Please feel free to PM me, or reply to the ad if...
  3. rceckspurt13

Custom Grill

A while back there was a build thread for a custom grill made by one of the forum members. It was a combination of the GTI grill and a slatted grill (ie Jetta, Wolfsburg, R32). It looked similar to this one on euroautosport's car: I've been searching for quite a while and I have been unable...
  4. rceckspurt13

Worried about CEL, Help Please

Yesterday morning my dad was driving the car and the CEL came on. We drove easy the rest of the day although nothing seemed different. I drove the car today and also didn't notice any loss of power or anything different. CEL comes on as soon as you start the engine and doesn't go off at all. I...
  5. rceckspurt13

Possible DSG Problem - Help Appreciated

First off, I drive an '06 GTI with DSG with about 38,500 on the odo. Today, I took it for a short drive (about 2 mi. total) to the store and back, and I had something kinda strange happen with the car on the way down there. I had the car in S, and accelerated to about 40mph, and to 4th gear...
  6. rceckspurt13

Upgraded Climate Control

Ok, so in my car, I have the climatic (manual) HVAC controls. Im just wondering if its possible to upgrade to the Climatronic (automatic) unit, or is it just way to complicated to even be thought of?:iono: I always find myself messing with the knobs to get to a comfortable temperature. I love...
  7. rceckspurt13

What do Ya Think?

I got a new Nikon D60 for christmas last year. Just a few of my pics Took these tonight: Untied Gray '06 GTI: I think the ISO is too high, but i didn't have any time to adjust things :frown: These are some older ones from last winter/spring: '81 Rabbit Pickup, Me and my dad installed...
  8. rceckspurt13

New MFD Feature?

Hey guys, I have a 2006 GTI, and Im wondering if there is a way to show your current speed on the MFD? I've seen photos where it has a little thing on the bottom to show speed, but I've looked through all the menus and I cant find an option or how to do it. Is it only on the newer cars or...
  9. rceckspurt13

Oettinger+ Rieger?

Hey guys. This is my first post on the site but I've been coming here for a while to look at all the neat stuff you guys have done to your cars. Anyway, I was thinking of upgrading the body styling of my 2006 GTI. What i ultimately want to do is get an APR 3" turbo-back exhaust with the quad...