GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by P-S-Y-K-E

1. P-S-Y-K-E

FS: 2006 VW GTI, DSG, UG, 2dr. SoCal. $9600

UPDATE I've moved to Toronto, but I left the car with family in Scripps Ranch. I can discuss the sale over the phone but a friend will have to do the transaction with you in person, preferably at a local Chase bank. Price for now is $9600 obo. 113k miles. Owned it 6 years. 2nd owner, great...
  2. P-S-Y-K-E

Anyone ever clean their oil pan?

I just seafoamed my FSI, both oil and through vacuum system so I'm needing to change my oil soon. I'm just wondering if it's worth dropping the pan and doing a thorough cleaning and check for sludge or debris? My gti is at about 110k miles so I wasn't sure what to expect. I couldn't find any...
  3. P-S-Y-K-E

FS: KW Street Comfort Coils $650 So Cal

-SOLD- Recently returned from KW, fully rebuilt under warranty, one of the rods had a pit in it, had to pay for that but It was replaced with a new one, so pretty much these are like-new again. The springs themselves though have about 15-20k on them. Lowers 0.8-1.6, rides better than the...
  4. P-S-Y-K-E

WTB interior trim pieces, DSG shifter, & United Gray Votex lip or bumper lip of sorts

WTB interior trim pieces, DSG shifter, & United Gray Votex lip or bumper lip of sorts So I have an 06 GTI, and like many of you with the "soft touch" trim I'm getting some peeling. If I don't get any good offers from people parting out then I'll just plasti-dip them but I need the piece around...
  5. P-S-Y-K-E

FS: Stock 2006 GTI parts: set of springs (30k miles), Closed honeycomb vent grilles,

Stock springs - front and rear. I don't have the struts or shocks. Make offer, i've had these off my car for a long time. Mirror side-markers - $15 OBO Closed honeycomb vent grilles - $20 OBO I'm in Burbank, but frequently travel to San Diego. Would prefer local pick-up but willing to ship...
  6. P-S-Y-K-E

Mechanic says i'm destroying my suspension, car too low, abnormal tire wear, advice?

Hello, So I recently took my 2006 MKV to a new mechanic in LA, since I recently moved here from SD. I've heard good things about the shop, but i'm a bit skeptical because I've never had so many problems with the car come all at once. Now some of this is my fault, i have skipped a few service...
  7. P-S-Y-K-E

Need DSG service/flush in SOCAL, anyone do this from their garage for cheap(er)?

Hi, I have an 06 MKV 90k miles, which is long overdue for a DSG flush, just dropped $1400 for a new valve cover gasket job, battery, 40k service, and replacing thermo and two temp sensors...mechanic is also trying to talk me into brake flush, dsg flush, and even a timing belt job which would...
  8. P-S-Y-K-E

Need DSG service/flush in SOCAL, anyone do this from their garage for cheap(er)?

Hi, I have an 06 MKV 90k miles, which is long overdue for a DSG flush, just dropped $1400 for a new valve cover gasket job, battery, 40k service, and replacing thermo and two temp sensors...mechanic is also trying to talk me into brake flush, dsg flush, and even a timing belt job which would...
  9. P-S-Y-K-E

Considering spacers for 18x8 Alzor 608 (r32 reps), but how much should i go?

Hello, Been a while since i've been on here. Have been debating about getting Omanyts for my 06 GTI for quite some time. ECS finally has reasonably priced replicas so I think I'm finally going to get them. I think i'm going to have them painted or powder coated gloss dark gray or gunmetal...
  10. P-S-Y-K-E

Fuel pressure test, gauge unstable 2.0t - needle bouncing?

My friend brought over his fuel pressure gauge to test my 2.0T. Its been a bit sluggish when starting the engine and my gas mileage has been fluctuating. When he checked the pressure at idle, the gauge needle wouldn't stop bouncing, and it was bouncing rapidly between 40 and 60. When gradually...
  11. P-S-Y-K-E

HPA KW SHS vs. KW Street Comfort Coils

Both these were recommended to me as far as finding a "comfort" coil setup capable a moderate (at least 1.5") drop. HPA KW SHS are about $1100 before shipping KW Street Comforts about $1600 Obviously the Street comforts are a newer design, the SHS are just a variant of the KW V1....so...
  12. P-S-Y-K-E

Terrible ride after shop adjusts my coils (RAISED ride height wtf?) Please help!

Hello, So I had H&R coils installed on my 06 GTI about two years ago, haven't had an adjustment or alignment since. The car was lowered about an inch and a half at the time (from NA spec ride height) and i'm running 17" Classix. I never had a problem with rubbing, in fact i didn't mind the ride...
  13. P-S-Y-K-E

WTB Passenger side OEM Fog light, or a set of projector FOGS

My passenger side fog is cracked, looking for either a cheap replacement or a full upgrade for both fogs. I'm in SOCAL, San Diego area specifically. -Jared
  14. P-S-Y-K-E

WTB OMANYTs -willing to contribute classix

in SoCAL. Want to buy 18" Omanyts, preferably with tires. Currently my GTI has 17" Classix, wheels in good shape, but tires are pretty much done. Willing to trade or buy if reasonable.
  15. P-S-Y-K-E

Confirm Please! 06 GTI lowered >1.5" ok with 18X7.5 offset 51?

Ok i realize there are a ton of threads discussing various wheel/suspension setups and whether or not they rub, as well as the fitment guide created by RedRabidRabbit, but there are a few extra details that are worrying me. I have an 06 GTI (therefore, the stock suspension was higher than the...