GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MRRiley

1. M

2008 GTi DSG flywheels

Howdy all, thought I'd toss a quick update out there, the car has been driving in a limited fashion since December last year. GAICUser did a heck of a job with it! He was focused on a track demon that could turn laps for months without too much concern. Unfortunately since he is in SoCal...
  2. M

2008 GTi DSG flywheels

Thanks for all the input. I can confirm, since the car is now running and hasn't eaten the trans yet, the Saks L replacement does in fact work just fine in a N flywheel car. FYI.
  3. M

2008 GTi DSG flywheels

Ok, so after a fair bit of internet sleuthing I decided that the L suffix and the N suffix DSG fly wheels are essentially one and the same. I had ordered a Sachs replacement and the vendor took the time to call to relay the part number I'd ordered was not able to be cross referenced on a VW...
  4. M

2008 GTi DSG flywheels

Hi all, I'm the guy who ended up with GAICUser's MK 5 GTi. I have a question that perhaps someone might be able to answer. It appears the DSG flywheels vary between an 06 and prior that ends in L and an 07 and later that ends in N. Anyone know if there are actually any differences beside the...
  5. M

(SOLD) GIACuser selling his "roller" big turbo build

Sent you a PM. Thanks!