GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mnicks08

1. M

FS $600 denvers & Michelin snow tires - Medford, MA

Set of four Denvers w/TPMS with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2's mounted. The rims are in great shape (I think one has some minor rash) and the tires have 60%+ treadlife left. One tire does have a large bubble in the sidewall but I have driven on it like that for the past two seasons so your call if...
  2. M

FS $600 denvers & Michelin snow tires - Medford, MA

Up for sale is a set of Denvers w/TPMS with Micheline Pilot Aplin PA2 snow tires. The rims are in great shape (I think there is one with minor rash) and the tires have well over 60% tread. One of the tires does have a pretty severe bubble in the sidewall, but I have driven on it like that for...
  3. M

sunroof jams

hey guys - i know someone out there has had this happen. my sunroof faults out about 3 inches from closed unless i push on it to help out. i had something similar happen but i found a rock in the tracks. this time i cant find anything just sitting there. how hard is it to disassemble for a...
  4. M

driver side door open sensor

hey guys last night the driver side door sensor died on me. when you open the door, no interior lights go on & the mfd doesnt change the display to show the open door. i did some poking around the door jam and couldnt even find where the sensor is mounted. has anyone had a similar problem or...
  5. M

14.8 @ 94 mph

took my gti up to new england dragway on friday night and got in 10-12 runs. best one of the day was 14.807. honestly i was hoping it would be a bit quicker (mid 14's) but i guess 14.8 is respectable considering it is bone stock and i had little more than 1/2 tank of gas with me.
  6. M

body shop in boston

any recommendations?? i got rear ended and will need a new bumper cover. also anyway i can get them to pay for an R rear?
  7. M

18x8.5 et35

just got BBS CH's 18x8.5 et35 with 225/40's i am stock right now but will eventually go a little lower are these going to poke too much?
  8. M

oewheelsllc.com???

anyone ever purchase wheels from these guys??? their prices are really good i am interested in getting the b5 rs4 reps. http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5939272/vpcsid/8281433/SFV/32400 also anyone ever seen these on an mkv?
  9. M

denvers are NOT a good winter wheel

i have michelin pilot alpins on denvers and they built up a ton of ice/snow in the huge openings and caused the car to shake like a bitch on the highway.....not a big deal just have to clear out the ice but its just a pain in the ass FYI
  10. M

apr rsc TBE

anyone have this exhaust in NE yet?? been thinking about it but want to hear it in person first...thanks
  11. M

16" or 17" for winter?

Tire rack recommends 16's but what is everyones experience with 17's. My feeling is they will still kick ass and fill the wheel wells a little better.
  12. M

bsh dv kit and stage 1

anyone running an intake and stage 1?? i really like the bsh dv kit but have no immediate plans for going full stage 2 and getting the downpipe. my question is when i get stage 1 installed will they optimize the program for my intake?
  13. M

boost gauge vacuum tap in

anyone have a pic of the location of the vac line where you tap in for a vacuum/boost reading. preferabally a picture of the whole engine bay and where to start looking, searched couldn't find this kind of pic. thanks
  14. M

WTB: neuspeed short shifter

whatcha got??
  15. M

August Union 18" wheels

anyone ever see these wheels on a mkv?? i am thinking about their 18x8 et 42 silver finish with h&r super sports. its a DD and i really dont want any rubbing, anyone think that would be an issue?