GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Michael gti07

1. Michael gti07

Boost issues

Are you using the heavy spring for the GFB valve? It sounds lame, but the carbon buildup might finally be getting to this direct injection engine. Gotta put a camera down the valve area to double check. Weak possibility of having oil contamination on maf/map, clean them with Quickdry electronic...
  2. Michael gti07

Tuning a high(ish) mileage FSI

No, most tunes will not kill a car, but more aggressive tunes add more wear and tear. Going to need a boost gauge to diagnose, monitor performance. (I had a p3). I was pushing 8psi normal boost, and up around 18psi for spirited driving if I recall. I had the 2007 dsg version, with a REVO stg1...
  3. Michael gti07

Flying Tesla

Wow, Guess weekend beater movie becomes jail time........
  4. Michael gti07

Flying Tesla

Throwaway car with a completely sprung suspension, or unplanned, overdone stunt mistake? They can go much faster, driver probably braked just before the hilltop. Was it worth a little spine compression? Are there tesla beaters cheap enough to make weekend movies now?
  5. Michael gti07

2019 GTI Rabbit Cornflower Blue DSG PP LP CWP Underbody Engine Cover / Aero panels Many VCDS...

2019 GTI Rabbit Cornflower Blue DSG PP LP CWP Underbody Engine Cover / Aero panels Many VCDS mods 30th Ed. Shifter OEM Aspherical Mirrors Favorite ORCA 17" rims Michellin Pilot Sport A/S4 GoFast Bits Diverter Valve 034 Dogbone Powerflex Hybrid Lower Puck BFI Motor/Trans mounts Euro Intake...
  6. Michael gti07

if you have OEM exhaust clamps, replace them!

So irritating!!!!!!!! The GTI -2007- was getting a bit louder for a week, with some wierd noises at stops. Monday, annoying, but ignored (still cold days of March). Tuesday morning: louder, "Ah Damn it, I'll check it tonight grumble, grumble still cold" Tuesday after work: Rotted OEM...
  7. Michael gti07

Help! I need to Soundproof my Garage & House

Hi folks, I need some help/experience for latest house updating project. I bought a house last December and have been updating it during the weekends when I wasn't too pooped from work. It's a 4-level split with attached garage, built in 1969, with very little updating. So, due to very high...