GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lalalaprise

1. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Mind you, my 718 config had near 20K worth of options hah If you wanted a more bare bones 718 you could get by with maybe a 73-74K MSRP and probably get it for under 70K with the discount.
  2. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

I appreciate the ideas :) Trust me...there are too many good choices and its for sure a good problem to have but it makes for a tough decision. The 718 is the better car, I dont think there is much of a debate on that. I configured a 718 and it was approx 83K with a 7% discount puts it at 76ish...
  3. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

It'd be hard for me rationalize shelling out 70k for a 2.0 4cyl new 718 ...can pick up a 3.4 6 cylinder cayman S with basically no kms for the same price Sound is a fairly large area for me which is why I'd be crazy enough to pay 20k more for an rs3 vs an s3 lol
  4. L

Audi S3 is awesome

Yea, I prefer stick and hatch...if I was in the market for this car I'd buy the R without much thought...even if the $$ was equal. For folks that want DSG and prefer sedan it probably makes sense to pay the 3-4 grand and go for S3
  5. L

Audi S3 is awesome

Have you tried to negotiate a deal on an R and an S3? Vw dealers aren't very willing to budge even a little bit...they treat the R like some rare car....Audi is pretty eager to lop a few thousand off msrp. Comparing msrp v msrp you'd see a 10 grand differenc but the real world numbers seem to...
  6. L

Audi S3 is awesome

Not in NA unfortunately
  7. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

More than likely I wont be modding either. I kind of want to stray away from that world and buy a nicer car and keep it stock. We will see how that goes hah :)
  8. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Unfortunately no Clubsport for Canada. Looking to try something different than the Golf platform. Have had two GTI's as my past 2 cars. I love/loved them. They are fun to drive and mod and ive had perfect reliability (knock on wood). Dont plan on modding my next car, I know, easier said than...
  9. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Yes, the RS3 will come with the 7 speed S-Tronic, in typical Audi fashion there is no manual option. Good point regarding the servicing. With a Cayman you almost have to take it to the dealer and pay $250 for an oil change. Ive taken my GTI to the Uni Authorized Dealer here for servicing which...
  10. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Would be nice...but would cost more to buy and maintain and no warranty.
  11. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Heh good points :) Not too worried about the clutch as I dont have a long commute and would mostly be driving on weekends...that being said, hard to find a Cayman S in the spec id want with a manual, PDK is looking like the option as it opens up more possibilities based on whats available for...
  12. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Hah :) Hard to pass up a Porsche but that 2.5 Sound :eek:
  13. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Yea, Canadian dollars remember. A high spec 2015 Cayman S with low kms is pushing 70k. That would be CPO with likely 6 years or 160k of warranty. Thanks for your thoughts...tough decision. Would be easier if the RS3 was available in the sportback though hah
  14. L

'15 Cayman S or '18 RS3

Hey, haven't been around this place much but was a fairly regular poster on MK6.com. Would like to know opinions on a very difficult decision I have that is approaching. :) I currently have a 2013 GTI 4 door, Candy White DSG that is Stage 2 Uni with only 34,000 KMs. I am currently 1st on the...
  15. L

If you had $120,000 to buy a car with

Import it...or beg VAG to sell you one...either way hah