GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Kong99

1. Kong99

Gas Prices... the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good, I'm in the Dallas area. I saw regular for $1.49 and super for $1.99 yesterday. I can't remember when gas has been this cheap. In early Sept I paid 4.29 for Super. The Bad, Now that gas is cheap again traffic has increased sharply... The Ugly, Gas is going to go back up, I...
  2. Kong99

Stage 2 and DV and PCV replacement?

I went Stg 2 about a month ago, just CAI and DP. I've read many comments about the DV and PCV going out on the MkV, especially the earlier model years, but this could be Stock, or various stages and mods. My car was built in May '08. Now that I am Stg 2 should I 'expect' my DV and/or PCV to...
  3. Kong99

Stg 2 vs M5

I would say 07+ for the BMW. I was cruisin at 65 in 6th, traffic pretty light, the M5 shoots up fast on my right... so I drop into 4th and move up to line up when he nails it, so he jumped it, I was doing fine until we hit a velocity that I had not been to in a while and I backed off... I had...
  4. Kong99

Stg 2 vs MkIV Jettta vs Corvette C6

Cruisin on Sun 11/2, as I was pulling up on a C6, about 65 mph, he nailed it, so I just jumped on it. I forgot I was in 6th and did not downshift. He let-off early and I just ran past him to 100+. As this is happenning a Silver MkIV Jetta is trailing us. I slowly come down to 70 and the...