GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kaikor

1. K

GTI shudders when take off or reverse?

Its a 08 GTI DSG, everytime when take off (no acceleration, just let the car roll by itself) or in reverse gear (same w/o my acceleration), the car seems to shudder before move, I've taken to service for other problem while telling them this, the mechanic said THIS IS NORMAL, he said if I drive...
  2. K

Replacing Rear Brake Lights

Just less than a week after my 1st service, today a yellow light bulb warning light came up and said "Rear Right Brake Light Not Working". But how the hell can I pull out the rear trim, they are hard and stuck inside, and anyone know where the best place to get GOOD quality brake bulbs, and...
  3. K

DSG strange issue

I hope I can explain my problem here with my GTI DSG b4 going to dealer. When driving in D mode, if I step on the gas normally, I mean not floor it hard, change from 3rd to 4th seems to be a bit struggle for the car to go, you can feel and hear like a watery sound while jumping from 3rd to 4th...
  4. K

Coolant Warning Light ON!!!

Yesterday, cold start in the morning, once I roll out my garage, I got "STOP check Coolant" then the coolant warning light keep on flashing, until I stop the car and then its gone ... until today its not happening again ... check the coolant, no problem with level over the top line, anyone know...
  5. K

Castrol Edge 5W-30 $29.95@SuperCheap

Its in their current catalogue, save $22, with this bloody GTI burn oil issue, need to stock up another 5L for top-up ...
  6. K

Where is my AUX in jack ?

As seen in VW's website, this is in the Design section: Design The Golf GTI takes a lead from its predecessor and combines space, styling, technology and character to create an irresistible driving environment. From the brushed aluminium highlights throughout the interior, gear knob, sill scuff...
  7. K

My GTI morning start problem

Yesterday and this morning, I noticed that my 6 mths old, only done 7300km GTI feels like a nit struggle to start, seems like not enough battery, another problem is my CD starts all the way back to the 1st song of the current disc, but not the memory location, does this mean a going to die...
  8. K

$29.90 Castrol Edge 0W-30 for your GTI

Its on special right now at SuperCheapAuto, still got lots yesterday when i bought mine, so cheap even just to keep an extra 5L for topping up ...
  9. K

Can GTI use 5W-30 oil?

So hard to find Castrol Edge 0W-40, but apparently I rang 2 different stealers, they both said as long as its 0W-40, then you can use it, but kmart is 10% all oil and I can only find Edge Sport 5W-30, and i'm just 5500km and want to change both oil and filter, can someone confirm if 5W-30 is ok...
  10. K

CHeck Oil Light on

My GTI is only 4200km, and yesterday morning while starting the car, the "Check Oil Level" warning light on, and keep flashing up on the MFD every now and then, I bloody took it to VW barloworld Mascot this morning, service manager is very nice, just ask and check if i bought the car from them...
  11. K

All lights on when unlock

Is there a way to turn this feature off, whenever I unlock the GTI, all tail lights, headlights, cabinet lights and even all the dash panel turned on for about 5 seconds, will this shorten the battery's life? Can this be adjust to just a blinker flash same as you locking up the car ???
  12. K

even BP dried up too !

bloody hell, went to 2 different BP, they were all like shell, all Ultimate pumps dried up, WTF is going on in Sydney, my bloody MFD showing 30km left only ...
  13. K

No more Shell V-Power?

Any you guys realise for the past 2 weeks in Sydney, I've been to more than 4 different shells, all of them ran out of V-Power 98, in fact my dad saw a notice from one station by Shell management, they stopped supplying V-Power and wouldn't say when it will be back in stock!!! I have to stick...
  14. K

Annoying moment again!

This morning was drizzle very badly in Sydney, I was 2nd in the traffic light, the bastard in front just dreaming and wouldn't go when green, hence I cut into left lane and just a bit more heavier and faster than normal on accelerator, the bloody GTI wheel spin again for a sec and I can also...
  15. K

mirror not tilt down on reverse gear?

Isn't this a MY08 feature, my GTI is not doing this, i've already switch to "L" position, but nothing happen while I'm in reverse gear, checked the manual and there's a "mirror down" option printed on it, but going into the MFD, there's NONE appear on it as to turn this feature on, WHAT THE F*&%...