GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GiGi GTI

1. G

Women & Manual Transmissions

My parents made it a rule that we had to learn manual before we could get our license. I have to say that as a girl I feel much safer knowing that I can drive any car and will never be stuck in some situation where my boyfriend is drunk and we can't get home because I can't drive MT. With that...
  2. G

Beaters

Exactly. The car can absolutely take the miles, I just want it to last and possibly even have some resale value.
  3. G

Tough Mudders

I've got a team and I'm a girl so hopefully other people will be willing to help me out if need be. So far I've got football gloves, underarmour short sleeve shirt and I plan on wearing knee-high socks to protect my calves. Maybe I'll put on some spandex pants under the shorts to protect the...
  4. G

Tough Mudders

What events have you run? How did you train? I'm doing my first event at PA#2 in May. I figure I will either have my ass kicked or have a blast.
  5. G

7 weeks of Self Improvement

Hopefully you finished that certificate and congrats! In reading what you are looking to do with yourself I am going to throw out a very generic but truly incredible practice: Yoga. It doesn't have to be crazy stuff, but it's an excellent work out, increases flexibility and balance (for those...
  6. G

Beaters

I've actually been considering an old E30 so I don't beat up my GTI commuting. I think I would end up building a racecar though... You really can find one pretty cheap. Skeptix, drive past that hobby shop near AMC in Hamilton. They've always got some fixed up beater for sale in front.
  7. G

moving in with the g.f.

THIS. You seem to have already decided to do this so I won't say don't, but realize you are committing to the length of a lease. To make the relationship itself work, you will need to work harder at keeping it interesting (after the excitement of walking around naked wears off). She will still...
  8. G

Who's playing Battlefield 3???

Not playing, but I had heard yesterday that the servers were having major issues and connecting to a game (let alone one with your friends) was near impossible. Servers were expected to be fixed until Sept 27. I guess they didn't fix the beta very well...
  9. G

A Little Tart !

I learned that word when reading the Crucible or Scarlet Letter in highschool. My girlfriends and I thought we were super cool calling people that.
  10. G

"Kids these days"

I have to wonder if this thread was started because of the thread by MK6moneyGANG that keeps showing up on New Posts "Who hear drives with there fogs on". Not bashing, just funny. EDIT: It is actually "Who here drives with there fogs on"
  11. G

"Kids these days"

I had decided at age 9 (yes I remember the exact day) that I decided I didn't want kids. My mom supports it while still loving us. In all honesty, I'd be scared to have a kid now if I've spent the majority of my life not wanting to parent. It just wouldn't be fair to the kid. To get back to the...
  12. G

Drove a friend's STi...

I wonder what the differences between the old and newer ones are. The new ones look slightly more "cushy". You drove a 2011, right?
  13. G

Drove a friend's STi...

I definitely think it runs hot, or at least stays hot afterwards. We have one and it can be used as a heater for an hour after it's off. It could just be because it's somewhat thin on body in order to keep lightweight. STIs are total beasts, but not the same league as a GTI. I would never...
  14. G

Waiting

Not entirely the same, but I went crazy last night waiting for my brother to make his call from the Navy. He never did : ( More related, waiting for service to be completed while my car is at the dealer or generally not near me. Killerrrrr.
  15. G

Off-road in your GTI

How has your GTI fared in "off-road" conditions? I'm not talking about taking it mudding or through the woods, but generally speaking how has it held up off the road? I'm heading to a festival that requires driving on a farm and can get a little rough when it rains. Just want to fgure out if I...