GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Enjoicouch

1. E

Do I need to turn my chip back to stock and have it unlocked for the 20k service?

I was wondering if I needed to turn my apr stage 1 chip to the stock setting and leave it unlocked when I take my car in to get the 20k service. Will they notice the chip on there during the service if I leave it locked and in the 93 setting, or no?
  2. E

One Picture, Check the europlate

What do you think? Yes I know everybody hates the pinstripe... the dealer put them on and my dad won't let me pull them off for some reason.
  3. E

UCSB

So, I am attending there next year. I already made one of these threads to see who was in the IV/SB area, but here goes round two. Anybody here to go UCSB or the SBCC that would be down for some dub talk next year? I'd be happy to pay for refreshments. discuss.
  4. E

Capitol Dubs, when and where?

So I head out to UCSB in september for college for the next year, and I'd really like to come out to some of the capital dub meets before I do. I know it's at tysons, but which tysons (1 or 2) and what time/what day? please tell me. I'll bring you cookies.
  5. E

Finally uploading pictures of my rims...

I know it took forever, but here are my new rims that I've had since march that go on the car in about 2 weeks. Maybe if i feel like it, I'll upload the pictures of the scuffs on my Denvers... crazy Asian ladies on cellphones forcing me into the curb!:mad0259:
  6. E

How to debadge:

Hey all. While I can't drive my car due to temporary license suspension, I was thinking about de-badging the front GTI logo among some other things. I remember seeing a tutorial awhile back on how to do it. I think it involved popping the hood, unscrewing the honey comb front grill, and popping...
  7. E

Just got my new O.Z Superturismo GT's!

THEY CAME! (*that's what she said*) I don't have a digital camera to take pictures, and I won't be mounting them till April. But I'm going to try and use a friends camera. God these things are fucking sick. For technical details. 18' Bright Silver O.Z Superturismo GT's Kumho Excsta AXS 225/40R18...
  8. E

R32 spotting.

R32 in burke. Heading towards Burke school on Burke lake road. Also, i've seen alot more of you. Come out of hiding!
  9. E

UC Santa Barbara

Hey all: So although i'm from VA. I'll be down in Cali the next 4 years for college. I got into UCSB, UCSC, and probably UCI. I like Santa Barbara the most, and had a few questions. First off, do any of you who go there know the parking situation? Is a first year student allowed to bring his...
  10. E

Question about a weird lurch...

Alright, so I took the car in to get the 5k service today, and I told the guy working on the car that I've been noticing a strange lurch over the past 2 weeks. Basically when i let my foot off the brake but don't apply pressure to the gas pedal, i get this really weird idle lurch. My car wants...
  11. E

TPMS question:

Alright, i've finally decided on my wheel and tire choice. After originally going with the rs4 reps, I saw a set of OZ superturismo GT's that caught my eye. They remind me so much of the mk4 R32 rims which I had loved so much that made me fall in love with vdubs, that I just can't live without...
  12. E

Fitment question with Autotech Clubsport Kit.

So I am ordering my new rims soon, a set of ace rs4 reps (18's) with a set of falken 912's (225/45R18.) After this I am thinking among other things upgrading the suspension this summer. From what i've been reading, I don't think I'll need coilovers. Not just for practical applications, but for...
  13. E

I SEE YOU BLUE R32!

So I was returning to work at Armand's in Burke today, and to my surprise what do I see? A blue r32 sitting in traffic! Are you on here? You threw up the peace sign to me ( I was in the black mkv.) Anyways i just wanted to see if you were on here or capitaldubs, (i stalk.)
  14. E

Shifting preference in the 1/4 mile in dsg.

So, I will be heading to a nearby strip on the 8th of march, and as it will be my first time, I have some questions. I have an 07 gti with dsg and launch control. It is bone stock, and I want to get the best times as humanly possible. I was thinking about doing a first run in S mode, lc at 2500...
  15. E

2007 MkV vs 2003 3.5 Nissan Maxima?

A friend recently set up a race between me (stock in the GTI) and his friend (stock in the Nissan) for about 20 dollars. Both are completely bone stock, I've even been offered to check under his hood. Now I've been reading up, and it seems like the 3.5 SE Maxima (manual for him) runs a pretty...