GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dc_candy

1. D

VW Shop in DC area

I'm planning on putting the euro springs on my GTI and I wanted to know of a reputable VW shop to go to. As far as replacing the springs on a GTI, anyone know about how much the labor will cost? Thanks!
  2. D

dance, monkeys, dance

http://www.ernestcline.com/dmd/
  3. D

flashing the Vdub

So I'm at a light waiting to make a left onto Wisconsin Ave southbound, also stopped at the light was a Ducati 748 northbound on Wisconsin waiting to make a left. I get the light first and pass in front of him as I turn; as I pass him he flashed the Vdub hand sign. Made my day! I've seen...
  4. D

Road Hazard

My dealer strongly recommended I get the Road Hazard protection plan for the rims and tires. They will repair or fix a damaged tire or rim. I have the stock 17's and drive in the city on fairly rough roads, though few potholes. I'm new to lower profile tires and I don't know how well they...
  5. D

Am I bound?

So, I take delivery of a candy white, DSG, pk1 tomorrow. I signed a sales contract, but I have not yet paid. Do I have to take the car (am I legally bound)? I ask because I can't stop thinking that the DSG is the wrong choice for me. The DSG is great, but I think I will miss having a...
  6. D

low apr deal cancelled by vw?

Hi! I live in DC and will have my 06 candy GTI on Tuesday. Here are the details of my deal: pkg 1, DSG, stock 17s. $23,800 $451 for fees, about half are real, half dealer profit $1428 in taxes 5.9% for 72 months. $7500 down (inc 2500 for my suby at carmax) I was told that the VW cancelled...