GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BigBenAus

1. B

1.4L TSI Recall

Hello there everyone. It seems that VW is tidying up their paperwork and getting all the recalls done at the same time. We received this one in the mail yesterday.
  2. B

Air Conditioning Issues

In the fortnight, my girlfriends Trendline has gone through 3 Air Conditioning compressors. Firstly, we had to wait a week for one to be sent to the local dealer. Once it arrived, we were told that it would take 6 hours for it to be installed. 3 hours after we got the car back, it failed...
  3. B

Something to do when not in our cars

I was just looking at some racing car games for PC and came across the following: www.gtiracingthegame.com Essentially, it is a racing game just with VW's. According to the information, you can race 15 types of Golfs from the original MK1's right up to the current Mk5 GTI. The R32 is in there...
  4. B

Thoughts on R32

I finally got to take the R32 for a test drive this afternoon. It was a 5 door model with DSG. It had done 188km's and had averaged 16.8l/100km :P Overall, I was very impressed with the acceleration, handling and in particular the note from the exhaust. One thing that I did notice though, was...
  5. B

More card becoming available at dealerships???

More cars becoming available at dealerships??? I saw an article in the local paper here yesterday stating that Wippels (the local VW dealership) had 3 GTI's available for immediate delivery. Upon speaking to them this morning after I dropped my car off for its 15k service, the sales manager...
  6. B

Rumour Mill

Firstly, hello to everyone on the forum from here in Australia. My purchase seems to be a rarity after reading everbodys posts on here. I walked into the VW dealership on the Gold Coast and drove away with the Demo one. Paid just under 40K for it and got the manual gearbox and sunroof. Anyway...