GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bentin

1. B

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

I'm the opposite, and I'm really starting to think the R is a step in the wrong direction for me. I'm sick of how civilized the Mk7 is. It's no fun. It's capable and it doesn't complain about being asked to do fun things like a Mercedes or Volvo will. But it could use a lot more juvenile...
  2. B

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

I don't know, there are currently 150 CTRs listed and 11 Golf Rs. I know Toyota is limiting GRolla production by choice, but VW is making just about any alternative more appealing.
  3. B

Anyone drive a Genesis G70 3.3T?

Good point. It’s 6” longer, mainly in rear overhang, but probably is a good bit cheaper right now.
  4. B

The S3 is Haldex, while the G70 is rwd, from a driving dynamics standpoint, that’s a pretty big difference. If the CT4 BW had anywhere near Golf R resale retention, I’d be all over one instead of the VW.
  5. B

I didn't realize the G70 was that short, pretty impressive. Shorter than a CT4 or S4 too. I have a guy in Ft Worth that I'm getting my R for MSRP, if you're interested. Our local dealers are both crazy. I'm also on the list with one of the dealers in San Antonio for sticker, but I'm further...
  6. B

Some of the problem with the RS3 and Golf R is the new Magna rear diffs were originally manufactured in Russia. Putin screwed up our timeline. They've managed to get production moved to Latvia, but it's been slow going. This is one reason you see plenty of GTIs and A3/S3s but very few R's and...
  7. B

The classy alcoholics thread

Same, finally grabbed a bottle of Willet Rye.
  8. B

California? Hard to Believe.

Most of what you're describing is unique to clean cut, white males without a criminal record. Police profile, plain and simple, if you are on one side of that profile, your encounters will be very different than what other people encounter, regardless of your attitude. This is simple to derail...
  9. B

Any cyclist on here

I actually changed my route, my normal route has quite a bit on the shoulder of a highway, but they're doing construction on it and what used to be a decent, eight foot shoulder against 70mph traffic is now down to about a foot. Pass.
  10. B

Any cyclist on here

Funny, got 30 hilly road miles in yesterday, causing all sorts of havoc for poor motorists.
  11. B

Nice! I like the Traeger tie in.
  12. B

This answer delivers.
  13. B

Am I weird for seeing 40% and just skipping it? I like hot whiskeys and 40% just doesn’t cut it. Hell, apparently I like just about everything hot, my gin, absinthe and even Mezcals are all over proofed.
  14. B

Is this the silly provance argument? I’m more of a rye drinker than bourbon, but Texas does some decent bourbons. Not sure we’re there yet with ryes, but Garrison is pretty close.
  15. B

How do I not know about this? It’s an hour away. I just got back from Kentucky today and now I need to buy some Texas bourbon.