GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Napster 》 kazaa 》 limewire 》 BitTorrent 》 DC++ networks 》 usenet 》 spotify premium

Usenet was in use for about 7 years until my indexer reliability went to shit and it was no longer worth it
I remember when Limewire was around, my childhood friend would stricly use the 'great value' version of it called Frostwire. Mainly because the application was baby blue instead of that lime green we all know.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
On the hot sauces.

Siracha - overrated, has some kind of spice in it that makes anything you eat with it taste like siracha. Good on eggs.
Habanero Tabasco - Less vinegar than regular Tabasco but I think they use smoked habs which dominate the flavor.
Samba Olek - two versions, with and without garlic. Great with vegetables, rice, or leftover Chinese. A staple.
Valentina/Cholula - Just meh. Acceptable when that's all they have at the airport.

I'd add any brand of asian chili oil, homemade or commercial.

I'm biased because I grow my own peppers and make my own stuff, but most of the hot sauces out there are not that great.

The one commercial hot sauce that I like best that is good and hot but won't dominate the flavor of your food is El Yucateco habanero, regular version, not black.

1656331470241.png

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
On the hot sauces.

Siracha - overrated, has some kind of spice in it that makes anything you eat with it taste like siracha. Good on eggs.
Habanero Tabasco - Less vinegar than regular Tabasco but I think they use smoked habs which dominate the flavor.
Samba Olek - two versions, with and without garlic. Great with vegetables, rice, or leftover Chinese. A staple.
Valentina/Cholula - Just meh. Acceptable when that's all they have at the airport.

I'd add any brand of asian chili oil, homemade or commercial.

I'm biased because I grow my own peppers and make my own stuff, but most of the hot sauces out there are not that great.

The one commercial hot sauce that I like best that is good and hot but won't dominate the flavor of your food is El Yucateco habanero, regular version, not black.

View attachment 253662

Not sure if I had tried this one yet... well worth a try.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Classic rock 8-track tapes in excellent condition are worth good money these days. I've sold a bunch of them at $25+ each.
I had a 280zx that had a working 8 track player, but the radio didn't work. My friends decided to buy me exactly one 8-track as a gift, Abba's greatest hits. You wanted music? You get Abba.

I mostly drove in silence.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had a 280zx that had a working 8 track player, but the radio didn't work. My friends decided to buy me exactly one 8-track as a gift, Abba's greatest hits. You wanted music? You get Abba.

At least tell me you whispered "Mama mia, here we go again..." quietly to yourself every time you got in...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Speaking of growing peppers, first reapers of the season are starting to show up. Check out that tail! :D

CR.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

There is far worse than Abba.

I had Kenny Rogers Greatest Hits and some Simon and Garfunkel on 8-track in my 69 elCamino and then moved it into my 79 F150.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Get me in the hotsauce conversation. I'm a big bitch about heat, but there are some that are just too good to pass up. Old Grumpy Mark's makes a ton of good stuff, blackberry warship is a personal favorite. Also Truffalo sauce (buffalo + black truffle) goes great on chicken with pickle, like a tweaked nashville hot chicken sandwich.

edit: @NoGodGetOverIt that looks like a gnarly pepper, we just started growing some jalapeños this year and picked the first of what appear to be many on the plant -- it's not SUPER spicy but just right, looking forward to homemade poppers and they go great in salsa. We're going to try pickling some as well, to see what kind of neat stuff we can come up with.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Status
Not open for further replies.