GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
The list of things you are flat out wrong about just keeps growing.

I will suggest the best sandwich is an in-season BLT with truly fresh tomato and quality bacon and bread.

discuss
I would argue different sandwiches for different seasons. BLT is a great warm weather sandwich, but I'll take a cheesesteak in the fall, or a really good grilled cheese/patty melt with tomato soup in the winter.
i know man thats what i'm saying, i redline it every start so i guess 2500 isn't that bad lol
:alien:
2500 was practically the redline in my mk6 TDI.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I would argue different sandwiches for different seasons. BLT is a great warm weather sandwich, but I'll take a cheesesteak in the fall, or a really good grilled cheese/patty melt with tomato soup in the winter.

2500 was practically the redline in my mk6 TDI.
I feel like the cheesesteak is just a slightly drier version of an italian beef. Inferior in all aspects, sorry

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
dont forget ice cream sammiches

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
lets go manu97! now we're outnumbering the team here by 3 chicagoans! plus an ex-chicagoan!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I feel like the cheesesteak is just a slightly drier version of an italian beef. Inferior in all aspects, sorry
No offense, but I don't trust the opinion of someone who thinks dunking the whole sandwich in a vat of beef stock is an acceptable way of avoiding a dry sandwich.

The cheesesteak is pretty much perfect if you get it somewhere good, the problem is that outside of a 1hr radius of Philly, they're pretty awful. The bread is key and if it's not an Amoroso (or equivalent) roll, it isn't going to work. There's also a huge difference between the shitty, frozen, compressed, chipped beef that some places make it with and the real-deal thin sliced beef a true cheesesteak used.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Can I change my vote for favorite sandwich? You are a genius.
No no they dip those in beef stock too. Can't have a dry sandwich in chicago, regardless of composition.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
No offense, but I don't trust the opinion of someone who thinks dunking the whole sandwich in a vat of beef stock is an acceptable way of avoiding a dry sandwich.

The cheesesteak is pretty much perfect if you get it somewhere good, the problem is that outside of a 1hr radius of Philly, they're pretty awful. The bread is key and if it's not an Amoroso (or equivalent) roll, it isn't going to work. There's also a huge difference between the shitty, frozen, compressed, chipped beef that some places make it with and the real-deal thin sliced beef a true cheesesteak used.
I mean if it works🤷‍♂️. Girlfriend lives in Philly so I've had ones within Philly and they're not bad...but definitely not as good as an Italian beef

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
im seriously gonna get a detroit pizza next chance i get.

pass me wit that philly tho

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I am willing to wager the Venn Circle convergence zone of people who like Taco Bell and Dipped sandwiches is > 80%.

@oddspyke has a valid point about seasonal sandwiches however the original question was "best" and I addressed that with my in-season tomatoes.

pattymelts (y)

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

I really need to get my ass back to Philly and hit up Tony Luke’s and ishkabibbles.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

It's not beef stock....itsa da juice

Status
Not open for further replies.