GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
That isn't evidence, that's Russia saying Ukraine is doing it with no evidence.

There is plenty of actual evidence that Russia is targeting civilians.
His comment prior to this was speculative in the first place, not a statement of fact.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Russia will respond to Bulgaria’s ‘hostile’ expulsion of diplomats​

The Russian embassy to Sofia has said Bulgaria’s decision to expel 10 Russian diplomats was “yet another aggressive step” to which Moscow would respond accordingly.

In a statement on its Telegram channel, the embassy said it saw the expulsions as a sign of Bulgaria’s intention to cut Bulgarian-Russian relations to a minimum.
“This hostile demarche will soon get a relevant appraisal and a reaction, adequate to the new spirit of the bilateral relations,” the embassy said.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
but Russia didn’t need to cross NATO to attack Ukraine. They would get their pee pee slapped if they did. Closest Russia can do is proxy through Serbia, and well, we know how some around here would feel about that.
The point is Russia gets things done that are banned.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Putin just held a rally to celebrate taking over Crimea back in 2014.

Putin hails 'special operation' in Ukraine at massive celebration party for 'reunification' of Crimea | World News | Sky News

So many parallels can be drawn with numerous other rallies in previous years by other leaders....

Just so fecking wrong...:mad:..NATO needs to grow a set...pussyfooting around with a bully gets you nowhere......you've already been asked numerous times to protect the airspace of Ukraine by the democratically elected leader of Ukraine....you have every right to be there & protect Ukraine's air space...if Putin doesn't like it... tough luck...if he wants to press the big red button, just remind him you have already targeted him with your nukes.....so it starts WW3..but Putin will keep pushing the boundaries & taking over other countries to reform the USSR knowing that NATO will do sweet F all!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

Putin hails 'special operation' in Ukraine at massive celebration party for 'reunification' of Crimea | World News | Sky News

So many parallels can be drawn with numerous other rallies in previous years by other leaders....

Just so fecking wrong...:mad:..NATO needs to grow a set...pussyfooting around with a bully gets you nowhere......you've already been asked numerous times to protect the airspace of Ukraine by the democratically elected leader of Ukraine....you have every right to be there & protect Ukraine's air space...if Putin doesn't like it... tough luck...if he wants to press the big red button, just remind him you have already targeted him with your nukes.....so it starts WW3..but Putin will keep pushing the boundaries & taking over other countries to reform the USSR knowing that NATO will do sweet F all!
Idk I'm pretty happy here with minimizing the possibility that I personally get blown up with a nuke... :/

AM407

Autocross Champion

I share your anger, and agree that the thought of NATO going in there to give Putin a good stomping has its appeal, but it’s not a gamble I’d be willing to take. A nuclear WWIII? Not something to play around with, thanks.

Does NATO really “have every right to be there?” Ukraine isn’t a NATO country, and NATO’s rules of engagement are pretty clear. The whole point of NATO is that it’s a defensive organization.

And I’m a little tired of the over-simplistic “bully” comments. We’re not talking about ten-year-olds on the playground throwing rocks here. Again, nukes.

It seems pretty clear that this is a disaster all around. If Putin even survives this mess domestically, I can’t see him thinking “Well, that went well. So, Latvia next?” And even if he did, and those in power around him let him try, that’s an unequivocal conflict with NATO. No question about it, NATO is going to respond in that event.

I suppose there’s Moldova and Finland if Putin wants to keep at it, but I expect there will be some scrambling to get those countries into NATO beforehand if it looks likely.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
The way I see it, the reason a no-fly zone isn't practical is because it maximizes the possibility that someone makes a mistake. If one NATO jet got shot down by one disgruntled soldier with a MANPADS, that's going to be an international crisis. It's not worth it for everyone in the world who isn't Ukraine (and maybe even Ukraine, invasion sucks but nuclear war is worse).