• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Dude. Bidet seat. It’ll change your world.
I have a lot of bidet questions.
Is the water heated in any way? I don't see how without running a dedicated circuit for electric heat, since there isn't an outlet in my water closet.
What kind of pressure are we talking? I feel like it's gotta be a lot to really get things clean, but then, doesn't that cause a lot of splatter?
Once you're done, then what? Your butt is all wet. Is there a dryer in your seat? Do you use a towel? If a towel, that's gotta be single use right? It's not like you're using soap, so that would get real gross really quick.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is the water heated in any way? I don't see how without running a dedicated circuit for electric heat, since there isn't an outlet in my water closet.
What kind of pressure are we talking? I feel like it's gotta be a lot to really get things clean, but then, doesn't that cause a lot of splatter?
Once you're done, then what? Your butt is all wet. Is there a dryer in your seat? Do you use a towel? If a towel, that's gotta be single use right? It's not like you're using soap, so that would get real gross really quick.

The answers to all those questions depends on if you spend $50 on a junky Amazon bidet attachment, or a $450 Toto.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Great questions I wondered the same things. Found this on YouTube which answers every one of those questions.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So you stick your hand in the shitty toilet only to remove it, look at it, and stick it back in? That shitty tp never grazes your ass while you're putting it back in? Don't lie

Again, better mousetrap is out there. It's my curse, I design better business processes for work, 90% of the time met with resistance from boomers who don't like to realize they're wrong

I'm about to just make a video of myself taking a shit, you clearly don't know how this process is supposed to normally work.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Can you get them with cool underglows?
Yes

For $450, do you get programmable sound effects?

Some do, chirps like song birds

Is the water heated in any way?
Two types, water heater tank. These are cheaper but use more energy to keep the water warm.
higher end will be instant heated water. Yes an outlet is needed. I installed one in the side of the vanity next to the crapper. Used an LED outlet to give the bathroom a soft glow at night.

I don't see how without running a dedicated circuit for electric heat, since there isn't an outlet in my water closet.

see up

mine has 5 levels of pressure from gentile squirt to pressure wash the driveway. Also has thin focused stream to a more gentile diffuse spray. Also has wand fore/aft oscillation to move the spray, and pulsing pressure. The want has 5 settings for fore and aft position. There are then a couple features for the ladies, or to clean your taint.

I have an air dryer with adjustable temp. Takes about 2-3min to do a full dry. I use it for 1 min to knock the bulk of the water off then 3-4 squares of TP to do a final dry and QC.

When you walk up it warms the seat and sprays the bowel with water that’s been given a positive charge to help prevent any shit from sticking to the bowel. Once you are done it self-cleans the wand, then sprays the bowel again to keep it clean. We also have two user settings outside of the “default” so my and the wife’s pressure, position, and temp preferences are stored. Also has setting to remember the times it’s used to keep it ready to rock then, and in a lower power mode in less used times of day.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
When you walk up it warms the seat and sprays the bowel with water that’s been given a positive charge to help prevent any shit from sticking to the bowel. Once you are done it self-cleans the wand, then sprays the bowel again to keep it clean. We also have two user settings outside of the “default” so my and the wife’s pressure, position, and temp preferences are stored. Also has setting to remember the times it’s used to keep it ready to rock then, and in a lower power mode in less used times of day.
I don't think you're using it right if it's getting in your bowel.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes

Some do, chirps like song birds

Two types, water heater tank. These are cheaper but use more energy to keep the water warm.
higher end will be instant heated water. Yes an outlet is needed. I installed one in the side of the vanity next to the crapper. Used an LED outlet to give the bathroom a soft glow at night.

see up

mine has 5 levels of pressure from gentile squirt to pressure wash the driveway. Also has thin focused stream to a more gentile diffuse spray. Also has wand fore/aft oscillation to move the spray, and pulsing pressure. The want has 5 settings for fore and aft position. There are then a couple features for the ladies, or to clean your taint.

I have an air dryer with adjustable temp. Takes about 2-3min to do a full dry. I use it for 1 min to knock the bulk of the water off then 3-4 squares of TP to do a final dry and QC.

When I first read that it sprays the bowel with water I was thinking my gosh now my bowel is outside my body. Then I realized you were talking about the toilet bowl.

Edit :I see that you responded to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.