Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Carvana is now offering me $18.9k for my 60k 2016 GTI S 3 door with 6MT. This is a 1.5k increase since last month.
I love the car but you gotta admit 19k is tempting.

gprace

Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Carvana is now offering me $18.9k for my 60k 2016 GTI S 3 door with 6MT. This is a 1.5k increase since last month.
I love the car but you gotta admit 19k is tempting.
The problem then comes when you need a replacement. Dealers are asking well over MSRP for any new cars that may be in inventory and there are few to be found.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm up to $19.5k. Over $1k more than I paid for it 2 and a half years ago.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The problem then comes when you need a replacement. Dealers are asking well over MSRP for any new cars that may be in inventory and there are few to be found.

Yup. Only makes sense to sell if you don't have to buy a replacement.

kevingt

Carvana thinks my Sport is an SE based on VIN but they are offering $26k for 4 yr old 22k mile MT. I paid about $22k new. I work from home now and might take this opportunity to see what it’s like being a one car family. My wife will love me 😂

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Many have taken advantage and then bought a temporary beater and are waiting for prices to correct.
But generally speaking, yes. If you try to find something comparable you are paying just as much if not more.
The people who truly took advantage are those that sold off a car they don’t need at all.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Many have taken advantage and then bought a temporary beater and are waiting for prices to correct.
But generally speaking, yes. If you try to find something comparable you are paying just as much if not more.
The people who truly took advantage are those that sold off a car they don’t need at all.

Bruh even beaters are up and overpriced.

turbo_dreams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just checked Carvana again, it's up to $23405.

2017 GTI Autobahn w/DAP and ACC, 60k miles.

Really considering it, I could walk away with cash in my pocket and buy something else with no payment.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Just checked Carvana again, it's up to $23405.

2017 GTI Autobahn w/DAP and ACC, 60k miles.

Really considering it, I could walk away with cash in my pocket and buy something else with no payment.
No car payments are the best way to have a car. Why not sell it and buy a private sale GTI and do away with car payments?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No car payments are the best way to have a car. Why not sell it and buy a private sale GTI and do away with car payments?

Even clean MKV's are still $10k around here...

Screenshot_20211111-135013_Chrome.jpg

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I just looked up this car to feature in a recent video:

In short, it is the same year, model, and trim as my GTI, but with substantially less mileage. However, they're asking more than I paid for my 2017 GTI Sport when it was brand new! And it came with dealer accessories. :oops:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Near 0 depreciation on an almost 5 year old GTI..

Like, if you actually pay that, how much will the car be worth next year, or 2 years from now.