GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
It calms down about 50-60% I'd say after about 400 miles. The worst is still going to be taking off from a stop with a DSG.

I have the BFI stg 1 engine and trans mounts as well. There is still some vibration with the AC on at idle but it just feels like an older performance car with an exhuast imo
Same. I installed the hybrid puck a couple months back and the vibrations are probably half of what it was fresh. Mostly vibrates in reverse.

I still have resonance when idling with the AC on, though. It's actually very annoying. It's like drone and just rev'ing the engine 100-200rpm in park is enough to get it out of that resonance zone. Anyone else have this problem?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Same. I installed the hybrid puck a couple months back and the vibrations are probably half of what it was fresh. Mostly vibrates in reverse.

I still have resonance when idling with the AC on, though. It's actually very annoying. It's like drone and just rev'ing the engine 100-200rpm in park is enough to get it out of that resonance zone. Anyone else have this problem?

definitely. It’s a shame idle @ 1000 requires custom tune

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG

I have the same issue, however only when stage 2. When I flash back to stock the vibrations are 10% of what they are when tuned.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
definitely. It’s a shame idle @ 1000 requires custom tune
I was under the impression that none of the custom tuners have access to raise the idle speed. However, this was from when I was getting a custom Cobb tune about 3 1/2 years ago, so that may have changed in the time since then. If that has changed, do you which tuners can raise the idle?

The vibes on mine at idle with the A/C on can be a bit annoying in my 6MT with a stock exhaust/DP, Powerflex hybrid, RocEuro arm, and 034 engine/trans mounts, but it's not a dealbreaker and I've pretty much got used to it. With the A/C off, NVH feels pretty much stock except for a small amount of booming when taking off from a stop or in reverse, or when puttering along below 1750 RPM, give or take. The RocEuro arm helped a ton with vibes compared to the stock pendulum arm.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I was under the impression that none of the custom tuners have access to raise the idle speed. However, this was from when I was getting a custom Cobb tune about 3 1/2 years ago, so that may have changed in the time since then. If that has changed, do you which tuners can raise the idle?

The vibes on mine at idle with the A/C on can be a bit annoying in my 6MT with a stock exhaust/DP, Powerflex hybrid, RocEuro arm, and 034 engine/trans mounts, but it's not a dealbreaker and I've pretty much got used to it. With the A/C off, NVH feels pretty much stock except for a small amount of booming when taking off from a stop or in reverse, or when puttering along below 1750 RPM, give or take. The RocEuro arm helped a ton with vibes compared to the stock pendulum arm.
I recently leaned that this is still not an accessibly table the tuners can adjust on Cobb still.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

part of your problem is the 034 upper mounts. They’re worse quality than stock with no real improvement in stiffness. They’re likely your problem. Replace those with BFI stage 1s, or CP-E rubber stage 1s

Hotfart

Ready to race!
part of your problem is the 034 upper mounts. They’re worse quality than stock with no real improvement in stiffness. They’re likely your problem. Replace those with BFI stage 1s, or CP-E rubber stage 1s
I sorted the dogbone out before installing the engine/trans mounts, first trying an 034 insert (pretty much immediately bent), HPA (wild NVH & multiple failed/ripped pucks, ended up returning for refund), Revo (failed/ripped puck after about a couple months), then the current Powerflex Hybrid with Roc-Euro arm (which has held up perfectly for 3.5 years), which has been far better than the other options I tried.

After settling on that, I then installed the now older-style 034 engine/trans mounts (cost about $250 vs $650 for BFI), which did help some with wheelhop, and if anything I felt like the NVH ever so slightly decreased versus the stock ones, which were replaced @ 8K miles and were still in good shape. So, the 034's aren't the NVH problem, and so far have had them on for 3.5 years with no issues. I'm not an 034 apologist/fanboy, and yeah there are certainly better mounts out there (which may or may not increase NVH, and are quite a bit more expensive), but the 034's were definitely were an improvement over stock, even if it was just slightly.

I've seen a few reports of 034 failures but maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. Also I'm not looking to go all out with the car, since it's just a daily driven street car. From what I've experienced, basically all of the vibes came from changing out dogbone bushings.

If I were to do it all again, or if my 034's end up shitting the bed in the future (knock on wood), then maybe I'd consider spending the extra for BFI mounts, but I'm content with the 034s for now. I wouldn't be too keen on rolling the dice and spending $650+ (plus spending the time to swap them out) for likely little to no decrease, and possibly an increase, in NVH. As annoying as the vibes can sometimes be with the A/C on, they really aren't that intense and I'm probably just being sensitive to them, so I've got used to it and learned to live with it.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Will be installing this soon and I just wanted to make sure if I got the process correct. Installation is the same as any other dogbone insert except for this one you need to remove the lower puck. To remove the puck, I need to cut into the plastic and it will fall out? Removing the pendulum mount is not necessary?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You have to remove the pendulum mount too. It's no big deal. Note the 2 bolts holding it in are different lengths. Make sure the right ones go back in the right spots.

Yes, you cut it out. Hacksaw like this works.