GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
From someone who's searching for CFB GTI DSG in either SE/Autobahn. I think theres literally a handful left in the country that are going beyond sticker.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
From someone who's searching for CFB GTI DSG in either SE/Autobahn. I think theres literally a handful left in the country that are going beyond sticker.

I remember that CFB searches are made even tougher because the search sites don't allow a search for CFB specifically and the phony images for cars en-route to Dealers sometimes show CFB when the actual inbound cars are DIB. :confused: Hopefully you'll be able to locate one at a fair price.

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
I remember that CFB searches are made even tougher because the search sites don't allow a search for CFB specifically and the phony images for cars en-route to Dealers sometimes show CFB when the actual inbound cars are DIB. :confused: Hopefully you'll be able to locate one at a fair price.
Highly doubt it, dealerships are marking them WAYYYYY up. Spoke to a few dealerships within 1k miles of me and they are seriously in Audi S3/RS3 (base model) territory on the CFB GTI's! It's a chip shortage not the end of the world! LOL.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Wow -- you're right. The 2021 GTI SE with DSG has an MSRP of $33,465 plus Destination Charge of $995. I found this DSG in Charlotte, NC with a claimed MSRP of $35,020?! Sheesh.

1621112557092.png

This one in Fairfax, VA currently asks $31,901 (plus Destination) I'm guessing. Might be the best thing going.

1621113609711.png

There's also a DSG in Medford, MA with an impossible phony image of a CFB S and a "Sale Price" of $35,119. Good grief.

1621114018393.png

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow -- you're right. The 2021 GTI SE with DSG has an MSRP of $33,465 plus Destination Charge of $995. I found this DSG in Charlotte, NC with a claimed MSRP of $35,020?! Sheesh.

View attachment 213687

This one in Fairfax, VA currently asks $31,901 (plus Destination) I'm guessing. Might be the best thing going.

View attachment 213698

There's also a DSG in Medford, MA with an impossible phony image of a CFB S and a "Sale Price" of $35,119. Good grief.

View attachment 213701

haha yeah reached out to all of them. Colonial said its available but they aren't willing to come down from 2k down and $500/month. Fairfax is willing to honor the online price but aren't willing to send over definitive numbers so not trying to drive 4 hours away and then come back empty handed ya know? The one in Charlotte well yeah aren't willing to go budge from their "market adjusted price" LOL.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
So I just checked my dealers website...WOW these new car prices went up. 31K for a GTI S...29K for GLI S both DSG and this is AFTER a conditional 1,500 incentive.... They have 2 GTI's and 3 GLI's...Exact same time last year they advertised a GTI S DSG for 25K and GLI S DSG for 23K with zero APR. So about a 6 grand jump in one year. Crazy times.

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Fairfax is willing to honor the online price but aren't willing to send over definitive numbers so not trying to drive 4 hours away and then come back empty handed ya know?

Smart choice on your part -- I wouldn't make the drive either. My closest local VW Dealer works the same way. I met with a Salesguy, gave him an exact description of what I was seeking, asked for an out-the-door price and explained that I was doing that same at several other Dealers. He smiled, shook my hand and never called. I never contacted our other area VW Dealer. We'd wasted time there on two other VW purchases and weren't going back. No joke -- they still have two new unsold 2020 GTIs on their lot, each priced at MSRP the last time I checked.

Fortunately two Dealers each 120 miles away were excellent and one won my purchase.

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
Smart choice on your part -- I wouldn't make the drive either. My closest local VW Dealer works the same way. I met with a Salesguy, gave him an exact description of what I was seeking, asked for an out-the-door price and explained that I was doing that same at several other Dealers. He smiled, shook my hand and never called. I never contacted our other area VW Dealer. We'd wasted time there on two other VW purchases and weren't going back. No joke -- they still have two new unsold 2020 GTIs on their lot, each priced at MSRP the last time I checked.

Fortunately two Dealers each 120 miles away were excellent and one won my purchase.
Yeah there’s a few around me that literally have brand new 2020 GTI’s just collecting dust. I went a few weeks ago to check out a 2019 R that they had and I let them know where I’d be on the R and they flat out declined. They showed me a 2020 GTI Autobahn and were feeding me BS like “we just received this”, “it’s only been on the lot for 1 month”. They told me they would sell it for invoice haha 6% plus whatever rebates i would be eligible for. I laughed and left. Let the sales manager know on my way out that if it doesn’t sell he should consider my 20% off offer for the GTI. That thing literally was collecting dust on the lot. Nobody was even looking at the 2020’s.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
My wife and I have noticed that each Dealership seems to develop a unique culture, probably a result of the Sales Manager's persona.

The showroom is as quiet as a tomb at our closest VW Dealer because there're no customers. Meanwhile, the two upstate VW Dealers I visited have busy showrooms, even on rainy weekdays like when I bought my GTI.

Our local Honda Dealer is a high pressure boiler shop, the most alienating place you can imagine, also equipped with a large gong bell that gets rung when a car is sold. Really folks? We left, never to return.

Salespeople at our Nissan Dealer work a kindly, covert parking lot interrogation to determine financial wherewithal. "So, where do you work? How many years? etc., etc.. He surmised that I wasn't worth his time and returned to his reading of the sports section. The girl at the Reception desk was the most helpful person in the place.

tstadgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE DSG
FWIW MK7 production ceased in February so I highly doubt any new inventory is coming online unless it’s still in transport, which I doubt is very likely either

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
As an aside, my wife and I went for a drive Sunday afternoon just for the fun of it and cruised past several new car Dealers. We've never seen so many used cars offered for sale in my life and many were surprisingly old. Our local VW Dealer has twenty-some unsold 2021 Atlas' and Tiggys, two Jettas, two Passats, one Arteon and two new ID4s, but the rest are all used. It's a strange sight. And this is the same Dealer that wouldn't lift a finger to find my new '21 GTI I bought in February.

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
My wife and I have noticed that each Dealership seems to develop a unique culture, probably a result of the Sales Manager's persona.

The showroom is as quiet as a tomb at our closest VW Dealer because there're no customers. Meanwhile, the two upstate VW Dealers I visited have busy showrooms, even on rainy weekdays like when I bought my GTI.

Our local Honda Dealer is a high pressure boiler shop, the most alienating place you can imagine, also equipped with a large gong bell that gets rung when a car is sold. Really folks? We left, never to return.

Salespeople at our Nissan Dealer work a kindly, covert parking lot interrogation to determine financial wherewithal. "So, where do you work? How many years? etc., etc.. He surmised that I wasn't worth his time and returned to his reading of the sports section. The girl at the Reception desk was the most helpful person in the place.

Honestly just depends. I try to just go to the volume dealerships who just care about pushing cars out the door as opposed to the margin they are marking on every car.