GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member with a few questions about my 09 mkv

Wastedkw

Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Hello all,
IM a new member of this great VW forum with a couple questions maybe you can help out a new GTI owner.

When i purchased the GTI i of course pulled a carfax because the owner had no service records. what i found was that the GTI in question has had a great almost spotless service records done at the vw dealers including a decarbon sevice. When i got the car it had a dead battery and i think the battery that was put in it was refurbished haven't checked yet. So here is all the dirt that i have questions on.
1. Drivers side door has no power to any of the switches, windows, locks, mirrors, trunk release and fuel door. Is this a door module or can it be related to the battery?
2. The GTI has a wobble to it while driving and i found a oil substance leaking i found it first and the most on the passenger side rear but then found it on all four rims. mainly the back. Is this a shock issue or wheel bearings?
3. I have a no oil pressure light that comes on every once in a while that says shut engine off now. but goes away in almost as fast as it comes on. code scanner didn't even pick it up. Is this the oil pressure switch?

Thanks in advanced

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Hello all,
IM a new member of this great VW forum with a couple questions maybe you can help out a new GTI owner.

When i purchased the GTI i of course pulled a carfax because the owner had no service records. what i found was that the GTI in question has had a great almost spotless service records done at the vw dealers including a decarbon sevice. When i got the car it had a dead battery and i think the battery that was put in it was refurbished haven't checked yet. So here is all the dirt that i have questions on.
1. Drivers side door has no power to any of the switches, windows, locks, mirrors, trunk release and fuel door. Is this a door module or can it be related to the battery?
2. The GTI has a wobble to it while driving and i found a oil substance leaking i found it first and the most on the passenger side rear but then found it on all four rims. mainly the back. Is this a shock issue or wheel bearings?
3. I have a no oil pressure light that comes on every once in a while that says shut engine off now. but goes away in almost as fast as it comes on. code scanner didn't even pick it up. Is this the oil pressure switch?

Thanks in advanced
Hey, noticed that nobody responded to your questions. There are definitely some very knowledgeable people on this forum, so hopefully my response will at least bump this thread.

#1 -- This is a common problem among MKVs. It has not happened to my MKV, but I've read numerous stories of problems. First of all, do you have a Ross Tech or a high quality scanner that can read VAG? If so, what are the specific codes that you're seeing... you'll need something like the Autel MX808 that I have at a minimum to read the VAG-specific trouble codes. That said, since your entire door sounds like it's out - yes, I'd recommend pulling the fuse to the door panel and seeing if it's burnt out... after that, if it's not burnt out and the fuse looks good - you should run a scan. You should get back VAG specific error codes on the door panel.

#2 -- You'll really need to be more specific on this.... how many miles on the car, first of all? Describe the wobble in more detail - at what speed, how harsh, under braking or just driving at any speed, for ex? Oil substance at ALL 4 wheels? What color is the oil substance, is it thin or thick oil, how much of it do you see... you can't see anything dripping?

#3 -- Okay, that's a huge concern. Again, do you have a high quality scanner or access to a high quality scanner? If you plan on owning a car like this with this many issues out of the gate, you're going to need to invest in a Ross Tech or some type of high quality scanner to read some of the trouble codes related to these CEL dash warnings you're receiving.