GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep, fallout from the Keystone pipeline. Prices are going to keep going up.
You think the price of oil due to keystone being canceled?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That’s actually awesome as fuck.
We have what is called the Corporation Commission and the electric company has to have rate increases approved by them. My average bill year round is $65 per month and I have all electric. No natural gas available where I live. Highest bill is usually in July about $105 and in the winter months it averages $45 per month.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That is partially what has caused the recent price increases. As supply is greater than demand it should come back down some. The Futures market is causing prices to spike.

cb1111

Part of it. Canceling the pipeline will increase transportation costs and lead to higher prices. Combined with the "going green" gives the oil companies carte blanche to do what they want with prices. Oh, and while we're at it, let's raise the gas tax.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Kalifornia my man. We have to deal with Southern California Edison for power... Granted Northern California has companies that start giant fires.. soo 🤷‍♂️

Now that’s not very fair to PG&E. There’s a lot going on there.

CA passed a law a bunch of years ago preventing meaningful increases in rates for power. Then population exploded and system load went through the roof. So you had higher load on older infrastructure and no increased capital intake to allow for even basic maintenance, let alone upgrading the grid for current or future demands.

until there is a massive investment in CA’s grid, and basically every bit of infrastructure, shit just gonna get worse. You have dirty fossil fuel burning plants that have shit records (Mosslanding) getting investment while nuke power generation with flawless records (Diablo Canyon) are being shut down because... why? Fear?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Like with Texas, you need to be really careful about what you sign up for.

With geothermal and my pumps running 24/7, my 11.9 cents all-day is cheaper than the off-peak/on-peak rates.
There’s a company called EnergyOgre and I think they continually shop and get you the best plan in Tx. They don’t sign you up for any bs either.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Part of it. Canceling the pipeline will increase transportation costs and lead to higher prices. Combined with the "going green" gives the oil companies carte blanche to do what they want with prices. Oh, and while we're at it, let's raise the gas tax.

They are using the Keystone as an excuse to gouge prices. Absolutely nothing has changed since before Biden axed it, except a bunch of assholes wanting to get their dipshit base all riled up.

Only one hurting from that deal dying is Canada. We don’t currently ship shit from up there, or the NoDak fracking fields, and haven’t been for a few years. It’s a dead subject after OPEC reigned us in by cutting their prices. Keystone was a worthless venture to support petrochemical, has noting to do with what you and I see at the pump. The prices now are not because we needed that pipeline. The prices increase because they are punishing the voting public for our government actually doing what’s best for us.