GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS cat-back exhaust question

colforbins

Car(s)
VW GTI Mk7.5
I’m running the ECS cat back on my mk7.5. Will deleting the muffler sound like a lawnmower with unbearable droning?

1606517642247.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You could cut the muffler out and find out I guess. I haven't heard of anyone doing that with that exhaust so it will be difficult finding a video of it. You could get an aftermarket DP that would be louder.

colforbins

Car(s)
VW GTI Mk7.5
Thanks all who provided input. I did the muffler delete today and it sounds great. Zero droning and has a nice growl (no lawnmower). Minor burbles more pronounced. I will eventually do a catted DP in the future when I do a turbo back overhaul. Just don't have the wherewithal atm as I'm unemployed thanks for covid.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Thanks all who provided input. I did the muffler delete today and it sounds great. Zero droning and has a nice growl (no lawnmower). Minor burbles more pronounced. I will eventually do a catted DP in the future when I do a turbo back overhaul. Just don't have the wherewithal atm as I'm unemployed thanks for covid.
Keep the muffler on hand for when you go DP... it get very loud.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm in a similar boat.. i have an awe catted dp and the big vibrant resonator, and my car is so quiet, but luckily rasp/drone free. pretty much sounds stock. Wish ECS made just an axle back muffler delete section

WhiteRabbit_MK7.5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI MK7.5
I got the AWE track edition cat back with stock DP, and have 2 thoughts about it:
1-.Should have gotten a catles DP first
2-. The GTI’s stock exhaust should sound like my current set up from the factory! (stock DP, AWE track cat back)